Antenna??

WAFI

On 9/10/2022 at 7:18 PM, EricJ said:

Got a pic of the "big round" antenna?   It probably is an ADF antenna, if it's what I'm thinking, but a pic would clarify.

The antenna in the link is a DME antenna if it's connected to your kns80.   It may be useful as an ADS-B-in antenna if you don't have that already.

I am pretty sure it is the ADF antenna. Which I should be able to safely remove. I'll keep the DME antenna for now since I am keeping the kns80 as a 2nd nav source. I have a gtx345 so don't think I would need the DME antenna for ADS-B.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback, I removed it and also, cleaned up the transponder connection with electro cleaner. After removing all the other antennas on the belly, I feel like I'm going at least Mach 2 now.

But there is one more in question--

IMG_2982.JPG

18 minutes ago, WAFI said:

Thanks for the feedback, I removed it and also, cleaned up the transponder connection with electro cleaner. After removing all the other antennas on the belly, I feel like I'm going at least Mach 2 now.

But there is one more in question--

IMG_2982.JPG

That could be transponder, DME, or ADS-B-in.  

5 hours ago, jamesm said:

is this what you where eluding too

https://landingheight.com/

That is it!

A few, or many, have been installed around here…

@Microkit is a sponsor of MooneySummit…

Find the thread of the continuous discussion around here… the MicroKit guy is always around supplying details and insight…

best regards,

-a-