Marketplace?

William A

Scroll down to the Trading Post. Visit Jimmy Garrison's website, www.gmaxamericanaircraft.com. Check with your favorite MSC. Cross your fingers and have your money ready, good planes are selling very fast right now.

• Like 1

Controller. Barnstormers.  Trade-a-Plane

And it seems some people really are not interested selling.

I agree, have your financing in place.  Contact an escrow service for deposit and handing closing, so you are ready to go.

Good luck.  I went through 4 before I got one to closing.

• Like 1

All of the above.  Get on Jimmy's mailing list and have everything ready to pull the trigger when you find something.  Facebook marketplace and Craigslist are aditional sources.  Its frustrating because the planes that are priced well sale same day so you have to be on it.  I closed in May on one that I found on Trade A Plane.  Prior to that one fell through due to purchase agreement/inspection disagreement.  The second fell through in inspection due to spar cap corrosion.  The successful candidate took a ton of leg work to resolve issues before closing.  Good luck!

• Like 1

@jgarrison is a straight shooter.  He knows the market and a great communicator. 

I agree with @Hank to have your financing ready and @HawkGT makes a great point on be sure to have someone who knows Mooneys to look it over well in pre-buy. 

Some great planes out there but also a number that were poorly cared for.

Have fun in your search and keep us posted on what you find!

Bob

• Like 1

Looking for a plane after identifying it is such a fun part of the process.  Identifying specifically what you are looking for is the most important part of this process.  Once you know what unicorn you are looking for, then you can pounce.

• Like 1