Noise canceling headsets for Dogs

dfurst

I did a search of Moonespace and found a lot of Dog discussions and a lot about Mutt Muffs for hearing protection.  What I couldn't find was if anyone had tried https://pawnix.com/.  They make a noise canceling headset for dogs.  They promote it as good for helping with loud noises. The best example they give is dogs who are afraid of thunderstorms, who sleep through them with the headset. They are a few mentions of flying but it is not clear if they mean commercial or GA.

So, has anyone tried them?  Any PIREP?

Thanks,

Doug

• Like 1

Just now, Parker_Woodruff said:

Not a product expert here, but if it relies on as perfect of an ear seal as it seems we need for aircraft, I don't know how well it would work in the cabin of a plane.  ANR headsets are *worse* if a battery fails or if things aren't situated just right.

Good points.  I think that because it is a full headset wrapped around the dogs head, it should hold the ear pieces snuggly, and it should offer some passive protection as well.  I know that is a lot of "shoulds" in that sentance.

Also, it is controlled by an app my phone so I will know how if it is on, off, or needs a charge.

2 hours ago, dfurst said:

Good points.  I think that because it is a full headset wrapped around the dogs head, it should hold the ear pieces snuggly, and it should offer some passive protection as well.  I know that is a lot of "shoulds" in that sentance.

Also, it is controlled by an app my phone so I will know how if it is on, off, or needs a charge.

I talked to the manufacturer.  This is some padding in the cloth for added passive protection and to hold the earcups securely against the head.