Mooney Prebuy Recommendation -- North Florida

MisfitSELF

• 2 weeks later...

Tried to call Phil Jiminez and I'm not sure he is still in business.  The phone number you get on one of these Yellow Pages web page is disconnect and a phone number I got on Mooneyspace goes to a generic voice mail and I didn't get return call.  Any word on how I can get a hold of him?  Otherwise, I'm going to give Jake a try.

Bruce

• 1 month later...

Been going back and forth with the agent/broker for the Mooney I've been looking at few a good 2 months now concerning getting the aircraft to the pre-buy location (I wanted to go with Phil).  It's starting to look like they aren't really interested in selling it to me.  That being said, they offered to take it to O.A.S. Maintenance in Ocala.  Any feedback on them?

I have had "some" work done at OAS, but probably wouldn't use them for a prebuy on a Mooney.

I would suggest Jake Clemmens at Daytona or Arnold Holmes in Leesburg if they don't want to go to Phil. Leesburg is very close as is Daytona. Jake is DOM at a Mooney Service center, Arnold takes care of a number of Mooney's and is very saavy of their potential buyer issues.

3 hours ago, carusoam said:

To get a good feeling of Jake C's work he posted an extensive thread of details including photos of a plane he was modernizing for sale.

Best regards,

-a-

I transitioned the new owner (a list member) in this plane, N231WH, it was a very nice restoration that Jake and his crew did. Jake was very easy to work with for the new owner, a couple of minor squawks Jake was all over rectifying.

I am based out of Marion County (X35)/Dunnellon just north of Crystal River. If the seller does not want to take it far I recommend Ron at Red Sky Aviation at X35. He has a lot of Mooney experience. Including mine we have 6 based there as well as a few returning annuals that I see fly in. He also did a major corrosion repair on a local J.
My personal opinion is that as the buyer you should be able to take it where you want to if you are covering costs but sometimes these things happen and people are particular. So if you need someone real close to Crystal River I am just offering up Ron as an option. I will be back at X35 the week of the 7th so please let me know if I can assist anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

4 hours ago, anthonydesmet said:

I recommend Ron at Red Sky Aviation at X35. He has a lot of Mooney experience. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 for Ron. I haven't used him for the Mooney, but have known him and seen his work for years. He is very well respected and has a great reputation.

• Like 1

That would make a lot of sense.  I'm guilty of starting two of these threads -- one for Northern California and one for Florida -- but not before I tried searching the site first and I didn't find a specific spot or "sticky" for this topic.