ANYBODY "DOING" DRONES?

15 hours ago, Yetti said:

snicker

I always tear up at a sad ending to a movie...This time I smiled.  I don't know what that says about me or your movie...Uh Oh, I think I just became self-aware.........Must attack Pecan Tree....No.  Must attack..... :)

1 hour ago, rbridges said:

I posted this before, but this is one my son took of Gus (mooneymite) leaving my airport.  He uses a Phantom 3 Advanced.  Make sure to put it in 1080p in the settings.  It's one of his first ones, so it's kind of rough.

Nice video.  That is verboten now, right?  No flying on an active airport without prior approval.  That said, very cool.

14 hours ago, thinwing said:

Dang...woo Kong flyaway huh...sure you didn't go into FS mode and the bird was simply flying back to last reported home?How about computer mode?A faulty mission load?I ve got two wookongs...one on an aluminum arm f550 making it an f650 and another on a clone s800... No flyaway so far

Google DJI flyaway....  it will happen to you eventually

I was standing at the home.

The new thing is to mount the motors and controller to PVC pipe that makes a square.   The current frame is a $40 kit from Hobby king.  It has wooden replacement arm in it.   Let me see if I can find the crash that caused that.   Oh powerlines.

I purchased a very nice Phantom Drone last December in the winter. Man, flew the crap out of that thing............................... For at least 10 minutes.

Then I lost visual and it flew away..Looked for it for a week all over the neighborhood. One thing I observed is the white drone blended nicely with freshly fallen snow.

It's now September...still looking for it.. lol  :)

51 minutes ago, Yetti said:

Here is the big crash.... has not flown since, well the crash and I got a real airplane.   I am using the older Futaba radio system and I think the emf from the powerline that I flew above took out the radio signal,

Camera still working (Looking for positives) :) 

1 hour ago, Yetti said:

Here is the big crash.... has not flown since, well the crash and I got a real airplane.   I am using the older Futaba radio system and I think the emf from the powerline that I flew above took out the radio signal,

was that a racing quad?  We were trying those earlier this year.  Very hard to do well.  It got so hot during the summer that I couldn't stand to be out there with them.  I hope to start again when it gets cooler.

On September 3, 2016 at 0:35 PM, MyNameIsNobody said:

I was asked to be our Corporate "Drone Pilot" because I had my PPL.  Company bought a Phantom 3.  I was pleasantly surprised how easy they are to operate.  With the recent release of the small drone operating guidelines I decided to pursue the "formal" small drone license.  It took about three hours online to take the free webinar training and complete the test.  It is "open book" as you are on your own computer.  About 32 questions.  Scored 100% on test.  The process is to then go to another website register and complete a application for the license.  You get a number assigned that is then used by a CFI to review that you have a PPL/Current Flight Review and then after their confirmation the license is issued....

I, too worked through the materials for the Part 107 certification and took the test successfully.  

If you hold a Part 61 license and have two uninterrupted hours you should be able to finish it all.  You do have to complete the exam within 90 minutes of beginning  the test or start over.  

Suggest any licensed pilot who may be doing anything remotely "commercial" with a drone ought to go thru this simple process.   

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Jerry 5TJ said:

I, too worked through the materials for the Part 107 certification and took the test successfully.  

If you hold a Part 61 license and have two uninterrupted hours you should be able to finish it all.  You do have to complete the exam within 90 minutes of beginning  the test or start over.  

Suggest any licensed pilot who may be doing anything remotely "commercial" with a drone ought to go thru this simple process.   

you can do it in 20 minutes if you push through quick. The test is really easy and there are study guides you can review with the questions on the webs. It took longer to figure out the online 8710 form for me.

• Like 1

Just now, peevee said:

you can do it in 20 minutes if you push through quick. The test is really easy and there are study guides you can review with the questions on the webs. It took longer to figure out the online 8710 form for me.

You should be Speedee instead of PeeVee :)