OP ED-"Little Timmy Wants to Know Why Nobody Likes Airplanes Anymore?

I'm sure so will WWIII if Bibi decides to bomb Iran without first asking for permission...Obama is that friend on that school bus of yours and Iran is his boy...

Bibi got Obama and Biden elected. Obama and Biden were a joke in their debates to thwart Israel questions. "Oh yeah......were good with Bibi... I have known him for 30 years....we talk every day.....We have a special relationship with Bibi....yeah...just talked with him yesterday". Real Presidential, lying.

Bibi got Obama and Biden elected. Obama and Biden were a joke in their debates to thwart Israel questions. "Oh yeah......were good with Bibi... I have known him for 30 years....we talk every day.....We have a special relationship with Bibi....yeah...just talked with him yesterday". Real Presidential, lying.

Well,who's the useful idiot then. 

Diesel was the answer all along. 

Damn, John - I'm agreeing with you. I must be a conservative after all.

I've long considered diesel to be the best available transition fuel for transportation. Gimme Jet-B for my Mooney and a decent biodiesel blend for my Land Cruiser, but let's also keep the eyes on the prize of getting the transportation sector off carbon-based fuels and into renewables. It's early in that game, but it's one we should be trying to win.

Damn, John - I'm agreeing with you. I must be a conservative after all.

I've long considered diesel to be the best available transition fuel for transportation. Gimme Jet-B for my Mooney and a decent biodiesel blend for my Land Cruiser, but let's also keep the eyes on the prize of getting the transportation sector off carbon-based fuels and into renewables. It's early in that game, but it's one we should be trying to win.

There's a 50-100 year reality starring us in the face. Fossil fuels will be burned and Mother-Earth will be just fine.

Same one speaking to a joint session next month?

He can speak all he wants, but in the end, foreign affairs are in the hands of executive not congress...And the world is not what it was even 10 years ago. And with cold war over, Israel is no longer as strategically important to our self interests as it once was. Iran is becoming more important. As simple as that. 

My 328xi does 38mpg without being a fucking diesel...I loathe diesel engines in cars...Love them in trucks though....

You gotta get rid of that bucket of crap. I had one as a loaner a while back and it was positively the worst "luxury" car ever. A Fusion or Accord is fivefold the car

You gotta get rid of that bucket of crap. I had one as a loaner a while back and it was positively the worst "luxury" car ever. A Fusion or Accord is fivefold the car

It's not a luxury car. If you buy a 3 series to be a luxury car you're missing out what the 3 series is all about. You want entry luxury, buy C series or a little Lexus or a pimped out Accord or an Avalon. Or a Fusion.

You want a thing that moves, corners and brakes, you buy a 3 series. Gives me a smile every time I drive it.

• Like 1

I just got a 2005 325xi, I know what you mean, it's a driver's car. It has a soul, my 2005 Honda Accord is just an appliance. If they would stop using cheap plastic shit in the crankcase vent system and the cooling system it would be bulletproof.

• Like 1

I just got a 2005 325xi, I know what you mean, it's a driver's car. It has a soul, my 2005 Honda Accord is just an appliance. If they would stop using cheap plastic shit in the crankcase vent system and the cooling system it would be bulletproof.

I have a Merc E320 Diesel...0-60 in 6.5, CA emissions, and 400 ft/lbs torque on a straight 6 that gets 40mpg hwy. 28mpg stomping on it.

I have a Merc E320 Diesel...0-60 in 6.5, CA emissions, and 400 ft/lbs torque on a straight 6 that gets 40mpg hwy. 28mpg stomping on it.

How often do you have to put the blue juice in it ?

I love diesels and I truly would have brought one of them home from Europe. Heck even Ford and Chevy make them there. I wondered why they don't sell them in the US, and I don't believe that whole "Murricans don't want diesels" bit. I read somewhere that after the 1980s diesel Oldsmobile disaster, American carmakers successfully lobbied be EPA to regulate passenger car diesels to the exact same emissions standards as gasoline engines. HC, CO, all of it. Of course it was basically impossible at the time to get diesels to conform to every measure, thus continuing our stellar choices of automobile since 1981.

How often do you have to put the blue juice in it ?

Zero, 2006. 30k, garage kept in new condition. Got it new for $42k...they could NOT give them away, then. Now...they want a holy mint and won't deal. The F250 has a 5 gal urea tank that only lasts 1 oil change or every  $6k miles (synthetic). The F250 has a governor if you run out of fluid... It electronically limits rpm and speed. If you forget urea in a new Merc same thing. Run either tank dry of diesel and you are looking at $1,500 purge.

post-7931-0-96488900-1422304735_thumb.jp

• Like 1

He can speak all he wants, but in the end, foreign affairs are in the hands of executive not congress...And the world is not what it was even 10 years ago. And with cold war over, Israel is no longer as strategically important to our self interests as it once was. Iran is becoming more important. As simple as that. 

I think we finally found some middle ground.

• Like 1