SWTA 201 Windshield Available - SOLD

omega708

I have a SWTA "201" windshield available in good condition.  I initially purchased the windshield hoping to install it in my C model, but was unable to do so since I did not have the STC.  I believe this would be a good backup or replacement windshield for anyone that currently has the SWTA STC installed.  Additionally, I have the retaining strap that mounts on the front if you happen to need that.

I'll grab some pictures when I go to the hangar this weekend.

Make me an offer.

Thanks!

What color is it? I have the SWTA 201 windshield mod but my glass is green and I would prefer the neutral grey. My windshield does have a blemish on it where someone got some sort of solvent on it long before I bought the plane. I can live with it, but someday I want to change all my glass to the neutral grey, or maybe clear. I'm assuming your windshield is brand new with the protective paper still on?

Thanks for the replies.  As Scott indicated, this is not a factory 201 replacement is really only a good fit for folks that already have the SWTA STC on their plane.  I'm pretty sure that this windshield is the grey tint.  I'll validate that when I go to the hangar later today and will follow up with pictures.

Thanks for the replies.  As Scott indicated, this is not a factory 201 replacement is really only a good fit for folks that already have the SWTA STC on their plane.  I'm pretty sure that this windshield is the grey tint.  I'll validate that when I go to the hangar later today and will follow up with pictures.

Is the SWTA mod the one with the access panels on each side? See below:

gallery_7222_13750_20196.jpg

Is the SWTA mod the one with the access panels on each side? See below:

gallery_7222_13750_20196.jpg

The access panels are optional. On all of the windshields like this that I have installed, I have rolled a new forward skin which is one option of the STC.

Clarence

The windshield is definitely the light smoke grey tint.

Two pictures attached.  It was cold and nasty out when I took the pictures so they aren't the greatest.  Aside from being dirty, the windshield is in great shape.  There's some sealant that'll need to be removed but other than that it should be good to go.  I took an additional picture that shows where the windshield was filed down slightly to clear a structural piece of the airframe (I assume the tubular cage.)

post-8574-0-35673500-1393901924_thumb.jp

post-8574-0-20470200-1393901936_thumb.jp

What color is it? I have the SWTA 201 windshield mod but my glass is green and I would prefer the neutral grey. My windshield does have a blemish on it where someone got some sort of solvent on it long before I bought the plane. I can live with it, but someday I want to change all my glass to the neutral grey, or maybe clear. I'm assuming your windshield is brand new with the protective paper still on?

Dave,

The windshield is the smoke grey, but it was pulled out of a '66 model E so it definitely is not brand new and does not have the protective paper on it.  It is in good shape, but I don't want to mislead anyone into thinking that it is new.  Please see the pictures that I attached above.

Thanks.