1992 MSE Missile For Sale

Taking the next step up.

1992 Missile MSE - IO-550A

130 SMOH - Lawson Aviation / Nickel Carbide cylinders / New crank from Continental

130 SNEW Prop

Minor incident - documented on Mooneyspace back in Feb 2011 led to new prop and overhaul. BRAND NEW CRANK - not incident related.

Basic King panel

KAP 150

430W

EDM 830

Plane is better now than it was when I bought it!

Business owned, price depends on when it is sold. Tax issues!

Looking to make someone a good deal so I can get into a new plane before the end of the year.

180 KTS TAS / 15 GPH / 11K ft.

Vref is in the low 160's. Will sell below that. Can sell as is or with new paint job of your choosing. Plane is scheduled for complete strip/repaint @ Flying Colors in Benton Harbor. Original paint is in good condition (doesn't need to be repainted but buddy owns the paint shop). Interior is original and in good condition as well. No tears/rips on leather and no cracked plastic. Always hangared.

Annual was in Sept. 2012

Pics in my gallery.

• 5 weeks later...

I can attest the Missile is a heck of an airplane. You get Ovation power with a lighter airframe. Useful load is fantastic - mine has 1068 lbs useful load. I know another local pilot who stepped up from a Missile. He jumped up to a tubine power in a 2007 Piper Meridian.

Good luck with your new plane, and good luck with the sale.

-Seh

Seth,

What engine (version) do you have in the Missile?

Do you have the full feathering prop as well?

Best regards,

-a-

Yes - IO 550 with the full feathering prop - though I may be wrong, I thought it was the only prop/engine combo for the missile. The Rocket had a few different HP models.

-Seth

Steth,

Thanks.

I have recently become versed in Continental IO550 (G) and (N) variations and modifications including TN.

The MidWest Mooney guys have done a nice job of redeploying the io550 technology on Mooneys.

I was asking to see if I could put a full feathering prop on the O1. Doesn't seem to be possible...

Or not available on the top prop version...

Just seems to be a good idea when the noise maker up front stops making noise.

O1 is limited to 280hp by 2500 rpm. (G) version...

O3 is limited to 310hp by 2700 rpm. (N) version... Nicer power output for shorter take off.

Acclaim TN is powered by an IO550(G) with twin turbos... Not available to Ovations

What would be nice...

M20J with the TN engine with a full feathering TopProp turning 2700 rpm!

Just dreaming out loud...

Best regards,

-a-

• 1 year later...