TSIO-360M Variable Absolute Pressure Controller

After not finding it in the Illustrated Parts Catalog and poking around the internet for the last couple of hours, I cannot find the part number for the Variable Absolute Pressure Controller to use with my wastegate (TSIO360M).  Does anyone have this part number or an equivalent or a place where I can track it down?

Thank you.

All the best,

Chris

Houston

1 hour ago, CBarberJD said:

After not finding it in the Illustrated Parts Catalog and poking around the internet for the last couple of hours, I cannot find the part number for the Variable Absolute Pressure Controller to use with my wastegate (TSIO360M).  Does anyone have this part number or an equivalent or a place where I can track it down?

Thank you.

All the best,

Chris

Houston

Try the TCM IPC for your engine.

3 hours ago, CBarberJD said:

Thanks for responding, but if you notice, I stated I have used the IPC to no avail.

All the best,

Chris 

Your original post was not clear which IPC you were referring to, airframe or engine.  I thought the same as @Fly Boomer that you might have been looking at the airframe IPC.

• Like 1

Ah, thanks for the explanation.  I understand now.  I was using the IPC for the engine on the Continental site.

I don't find an illustration for the VACP or a part number.  Usually, after poking around the internet, I find something, but this has been elusive. 

I'd suggest posting what model of plane and engine you're working on.  TSIO-360 means a M20K, but there are at least four variants used in different Mooneys (GB, LB, MB, SB) with manufacture dates ranging from 1979 to 1998.  You say TSIO-360M but I'm not sure what that means exactly.  Is it a MB?  Factory 252 or a 262 conversion?

I'm not one of them, but there are people here with lots of knowledge of all the different parts over the years.  I'm here to learn what a Variable Absolute Pressure Controller is, so won't be much help.

Good luck.

Posted (edited)

I gotta "out" myself.  I am only a Mooney "want-to-be", though if I had not built my plane, the Mooney would be my plane of choice.  This is for my Velocity SE.  For those versed chiefly in the certified market, the Velocity SE is an experimental/homebuilt (four-place, pusher canard).  My engine is actually an "F" model, which came with a fixed wastegate (from an Arrow). Since I can use what I deem airworthy (with input from A&P/engineering friends and Savvy), without jumping through many of the FAA hoops of the certified world, I am hopefully upgrading what I have with an intercooler and better wastegate.  I have the intercooler and wastegate already.  Maybe I should call it a "Velocity 262" (with no disrespect intended).  

As I have had issues with finding diagrams that outline the proper parts for my intended use, perhaps the VACP is not needed.  This inquire is part of my research on the viability of my goal.  I have pondered the Merlyn, but, from reading here, it is not fully "automatic," and my preference is to make mine as automatic as possible (and I already have the wastegate from the M20K).

I am installing this engine but I have not flown with it.  I flew originally with a different engine.  I am not an engineer, but I did build and fly this plane.  I am merely a cop/attorney who apparently enjoys building and figuring things out.

Thanks for the information provided. I hope I am allowed to continue tapping into the knowledge here.  I have been following y'all for years and made sure to drive by the Mooney factory when I visited Kerrville a few years ago. :-)  

All the best,

Chirs Barber

Houston, EFD

Edited by CBarberJD
  • Like 1

On 8/25/2024 at 4:42 AM, CBarberJD said:

This is for my Velocity SE. 

Go Velocity!!!  I've got a partially completed XL-RG that I've been ignoring for a long time until I have more time to work on it.