Getting an audio warning overhead beeeeep………beeeeeep????

Airplane is new to me.    Only flew it for 30 minutes to ferry it.     I have been working on some bugs and getting close.     Flew great but did get a low charge warning on ferry flight.    I have since replaced the drive coupler and it is charging as it should.     However, during running I get a constant warning tone from one of overhead speakers….beeeeeep-beeeeeeep-beeeeep.     So I am looking at the score board of lights (btw all work on the test) and there are no indications for a warning just the annoying beeeeping.    

can someone tell me the items that can set this warning beep off?     I also have the service manual and will try to track schematics to see what all is tied to it….   In the mean time I wanted to ask here for any advice.     TIA,

Tim. 

9 minutes ago, Himark said:

Airplane is new to me.    Only flew it for 30 minutes to ferry it.     I have been working on some bugs and getting close.     Flew great but did get a low charge warning on ferry flight.    I have since replaced the drive coupler and it is charging as it should.     However, during running I get a constant warning tone from one of overhead speakers….beeeeeep-beeeeeeep-beeeeep.     So I am looking at the score board of lights (btw all work on the test) and there are no indications for a warning just the annoying beeeeping.    

can someone tell me the items that can set this warning beep off?     I also have the service manual and will try to track schematics to see what all is tied to it….   In the mean time I wanted to ask here for any advice.     TIA,

Tim. 

While it's running on the ground the first thing I'd do is start pulling one breaker at a time to see which breaker makes it stop.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I had a King autopilot do that once. An avionics shop diagnosed that the trim servo was sticking, which set off an alarm. I had no idea it was the autopilot until I started pulling breakers, and that's the one that silenced the alarm.

Mooney did different things in different models. You said it was coming from "one of the overhead speakers", so I take it that you have two overhead speakers. One is for the radios and the other is connected to a tone generator for the stall warning and landing gear warning. The tones are the same and are distinguished by the stall warning being steady and the gear warning being intermittent. From your description, "beeeeeep-beeeeeeep-beeeeep" it sounds like the gear warning. You can verify this by pulling the gear warn circuit breaker to see if that silences it.  (In the event that it is the stall warning, it may be necessary to pull both the stall warn and gear warn breakers to silence it). 

Assuming that it is the gear warning and that the landing gear is operating properly, then the most likely culprit is a misadjusted throttle switch as @MikeOH suggested. The switch is located on the throttle cable just behind the center console.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1