Solar eclipse 8 Apr 2024 totality spots in Texas

Totality center goes through Kerrville, Tx at 1:32pm. My house north of dfw gets 32 seconds of totality but will fly out to sulfur springs airport KSLR as it gets 4 mins 15 seconds of totality enough time to feel the temperature drop during that time. Cool app that counts down the time to C1 C2. C3 and C4 called solar eclipse timer in the Apple Store. 
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/solar-eclipse-timer/id1203105865

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Kerrville peeps.  Anyone know how this works.   I checked with the FBO they said they are booked and not taking reservations.    Are there some public parking areas on the field?  Can we just hang out on the ramp for Sunday Evening?  @Mcstealth  @bcg

Hey Kerrville peeps.  Anyone know how this works.   I checked with the FBO they said they are booked and not taking reservations.    Are there some public parking areas on the field?  Can we just hang out on the ramp for Sunday Evening?  [mention=6910]Mcstealth[/mention]  [mention=50484]bcg[/mention]
There's usually lots of transient parking but, they're closing down 03-21 to park planes on for this so I don't know what might be available. It's supposed to be overcast with a 50% chance of rain on Monday so it may be completely empty.

You could try T82 also, it's only 30 minutes from KERV by car. 49R is a small, public use private airport that's in the totality zone, they don't have any services but, Leakey is a nice little town. KUVA would be another possibility.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, bcg said:

There's usually lots of transient parking but, they're closing down 03-21 to park planes on for this so I don't know what might be available. It's supposed to be overcast with a 50% chance of rain on Monday so it may be completely empty.

You could try T82 also, it's only 30 minutes from KERV by car. 49R is a small, public use private airport that's in the totality zone, they don't have any services but, Leakey is a nice little town. KUVA would be another possibility.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

thanks I see they are closing the runway starting tomorrow.   !ERV 03/013 ERV RWY 12/30 CLSD TO TRANSIENT EXC 72HR PPR 830-896-9399 2404051700-2404081930 I think T82 is going to be a nut house more than usual

Edited by Yetti
  • Like 1

They (the airport board) have put lots of preemptive measures in place to mitigate potential risk. Kerrville airport is booked and closing on Monday. 

Weather is perfect today, 50-50 on Monday, says the forecast. :( :(

KUVA is an alternative. 

HONDO TX is also an option. 

• 1 month later...