Where Might I Get One Of These?

Duncan Aviation indicates they have a part number 896078-1 (and have a few on the shelf). The price is a bit high without knowing for sure its the correct part. They aren't returnable. Can anyone help verify this is the correct part number? It appears my Google skills have proven to be substandard.

Edited by Z00mie

I found the part number referenced above from an Ebay ad for a strobe tube that looks like mine. I do not have any reference material otherwise. Additionally, I have scoured all the common aviation parts sellers, no-joy though.

Thanks boilermonkey and others for contributions.

I'll try to get a snap of the installed unit later too.

I'll consider stripping a strobe tube out of another type unit (or generic) if all else fails.

1 minute ago, Z00mie said:

I found the part number referenced above from an Ebay ad for a strobe tube that looks like mine. I do not have any reference material otherwise. Additionally, I have scoured all the common aviation parts sellers, no-joy though.

Thanks boilermonkey and others for contributions.

I'll try to get a snap of the installed unit later too.

I'll consider stripping a strobe tube out of another type unit (or generic) if all else fails.

The problem is it is a Hoskins. There is no more Hoskins. I think Wheelan may have taken over the company, but they probably will want to sell you a new strobe that fits the same hole.

An Ebayer has a number of yellow tagged Hoskins units that I believe are the same. I'd consider those as an option too.  A distant 4th option will be a new (LED) replacement unit.

Edited by Z00mie

I had a similar dilemma with my Heath Kit (kid you not) strobe.  In the end after trying a variety of bulb options just swapped it.  Save yourself the pain and move 50yrs into the future. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice gents! I'll try and stay 'old school' until, well, I can't though.  :unsure:

If anyone has further info etc. on these units, I'm definitely interested in what you've found...

Edited by Z00mie

2 minutes ago, bluehighwayflyer said:

It works fine but I want to replace the OEM rotating beacon on my ‘65C with a modern LED just as an upgrade.  The only reason I haven’t already is because I am perplexed about how to get back that far in the fuselage without damaging anything.  I’m tall and thin but I still can’t reach back that far weight putting my full weight on the plane.  What back there can support that much weight?   What technique is the best practice for accomplishing this task? 

I use Dave’s 10 year old son. He is pretty good with tools and follows directions pretty well.

• Haha 1

@Z00mie I am a Whelen Aerospace Technologies (WAT) authorized reseller. If you're interested in replacing that beacon with an LED option I have several that will work. I have a couple that are all red too. PM me, email me at gallagheraviationllc@gmail.com, or call me at 1-833-425-5288. Here is a photo of one on the belly of a Navion.

image.jpeg.c52b1047ce13d2d3490c2e3d7163cc3b.jpeg

Hi OSU A,

Awesome, thanks for the offer! What is your discount to Mooney Space members? Aircraft Spruce does 5% to 10% generally (if you're military).

Edited by Z00mie
clarification

46 minutes ago, Z00mie said:

Hi OSU A,

Awesome, thanks for the offer! What is your discount to Mooney Space members? Aircraft Spruce does 5% to 10% generally.

MS discount at Spruce? Sure wish I knew this two weeks ago. Is there a code to use?