Overvoltage relay in a J, where is it hiding?

WaynePierce

My plane is at the shop with an intermittent alternator issue. We thought we had it fixed with tightening a loose wire on the alternator and replacing a partially broken ground wire. It flew good leaving the shop with no issues. Next day taxiing out it showed up again. -30 amps on the ammeter and the Low/High Voltage light lit in the annunciator panel. I flew it back down to the shop and it worked properly on the way down. Now that it's on the ground the alternator is working properly and the voltage regulator tests good. My A&P is wanting to find the Over-voltage relay and he can't find it. He's got a copy of the schematics which aren't helping him with the location. I asked him to call Don Maxwell so this might already have been taken care of, but do any of you know where this location might typically be?

1985 M20J ... thanks in advance.

I've just heard from my guy and Don confirmed to him what others have told me, that the overvoltage relay is in the regulator. He explained to Don what I have been experiencing and what he has found and Don pointed him back to the alternator... he's now checking the wear on the brushes... hopefully we'll find some answers, this intermittent issue is for the birds. (Or not, since it has me grounded)