M20E missing step and crank

Check the age of the plane…

My 65C had a vacuum operated step…

Replacing the step and modernizing it’s drive system is very doable…

See @Alan Fox for getting a different step….

See Rob for getting a Servo drive for the step… https://flightenhancements.com/about--news.html

Best regards,

-a-

10 hours ago, Livewide said:

Good evening. I’m excited to be buying a beautiful 65 M20e but noticed the step retract crank on the pilots side has been upholstered over and the steo is missing. Any ideas as to why this might be? Is it difficult to add it back on?

image.jpg

image.jpg

You may simply have an interior panel off of a 64.  Have you looked in the back of the plane to see what is there?  The step may simply be wired in the up position.  Even if it is not, you can pick up a salvage unit, as mentioned above, and install it.  You can then either find a salvage bellows, crank or we sell the electric retrofit…mentioned above.  Some will tell you to leave it off, but I find it a little hard on the knees…even if you are tall.

On 7/29/2021 at 10:07 PM, Robert Hicks said:

If you want to add the step back I’d go with the electric conversion. I have the crank currently and dislike it.

A very nice electric step actuator exists.  See: www.flightenhancements.com

• Like 1