Why are sheepskin seat covers a thing?

gsengle

14 hours ago, carusoam said:

Hot or cold they seam to work equally well...

How THEY know the weather is hot or cold outside is a sheep's secret!  :)

Sort of like a Thermos, which keeps hot things hot and cold things cold. How does it know?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Danb said:

Mine is the odd Mooney, momma bear doesn't like sheepskin I love them with other than perfect temperatures, so I have one seat with skins one without, but the boss likes the headrest with skin so the planes interior looks like it was vandalized with one seat with skins none on the headrest, the other seat no skins except the headrest. The stuff we do for money.

No, no, Dan--the things we do for Love!!

I provided ballast (flew right seat) in two AirRaceClassics in a Cherokee 180, a longggg zigzagging cross-continent-and-back way,  sitting on sheep fleece seats. Nice! Very comfortable in all those extreme temperatures, and the soft, springy wool sure eased the sore back and fanny fatigue. I'd have bought a set for Marvin K, but my right seater objected to the esthetics. He might not get a vote if there is a next time!