*CANCELLED* January 2017 Mooney Breakfast Flight - KCGE - MONDAY, Jan 2, 9:30 AM Arrival

Seth

Just now, Hank said:

Crab flyin sounds good, but Maine is way, way too far from Alabama!!

Lobsters come with butter because that's all they need. Try some with clarified butter sometime , . .

I need to make an experiment sometime and steam up a lobster with Old Bay.  I bet it would be good!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, aviatoreb said:

I need to make an experiment sometime and steam up a lobster with Old Bay.  I bet it would be good!

If you're into "dilluting the purity" of a lobster... Lobster Thermidor with a dusting of Old Bay is a treat I discovered far too late in life...

32 minutes ago, aviatoreb said:

Where would we meet if we each flew 3 hours? Me north at 140 knits, you south at 180-ish?

Crab country! But south of Maryland, I'd bet.

16 minutes ago, Hank said:

Where would we meet if we each flew 3 hours? Me north at 140 knits, you south at 180-ish?

Crab country! But south of Maryland, I'd bet.

At the now empty Russian spy resort.  That is right around the right place.  I know there are crab shacks around there - but I don't know that area any more in terms of aviation since I never flew when I last live around there when I was in Annapolis.  So I don't know what crab shacks are easy access to the airport - our friends in Delaware have ideas too.

When I was a kid there was a guy on Kent Island my dad was a friend with.  He had a HUUUUGE farm on Kent Island. (Middle of the Bay).  And he had a landing strip on the property.  And an airplane the dad bought - so goes the story - from a department store in Baltimore in the 1940s - he saw it hanging from the store ceiling so he bought it.  Then he went out flying and saw Kent Island - and he bought a big farm.  And built a big ol' Eastern shore classic colonial style house.  And he had a lot of servants with white gloves. He served crabs too.  I remember once when his older brother got in trouble with his dad - for parachuting from the airplane and landing into the pool.