Many Thanks to the Community

All,

I would like to say thanks to this group for all of the information (M20B Service manual, Operator Manual and MAPA's PPP manual) provided within these posts. This information has made my transition from a rental Cessna driver to a Mooney pilot/owner a lot easier. From an operations perspective the manuals allowed me to have a in depth knowledge of the AC systems, SOP's and V speeds which allowed me to mentally fly the AC before sitting in the left seat. This made going from 100 mph 172 to 150 mph M20B less intimidating and made for a better learning experience with the CFI who did my training/sign-off for my complex endorsement (who was not my normal guy due to insurance requirements). 

After reading the posts on purchasing a newer vs old vs old, old Mooney I opted for and old, old  ' 61 "B" model which fits 80% of the mission profile I developed. Hopefully this plane will be my first and last plane (until I move up to a twin :-) ) which will take me through finishing up my instrument rating, getting my commercial certificate (just to have and to allow my wife to tell everyone her husband is a commercial pilot at cocktail parties ;-) ) and working through my A&P apprenticeship.

I am looking forward to learning from the groups successful and (not so successful) experiences as well as sharing my own.

Cheers,

Alan

• Like 6

Alan,

Congrats on your B model transition, and welcome. A great resource here as you are aware.  My transition earlier this year was not too different from yours, from very low time Piper Warrior pilot to a C model owner.  I love the simplicity and actually kinda covet the mechanical flaps on your B model over the hydraulic ones on mine.  I'm told they are less effective due to smaller max deflection, but I wouldn't exactly call mine "effective" ;)   

Consider entertaining us with some pix of your bird, and good luck!!