PPI in TX

Mcoyne34

I don't remember if they're here or not. The business was sold within the last couple of years and they changed the name, but I think they changed it back. I believe many of the same folks are still there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Odd things I added to the PPI...

Fill the tanks looking for leaks at the top of the tanks...

Fly a X-country using all the navcomms and approach mode of the GPS & ILS.

Result: fixed leaky rivets in tank tops. Replaced a couple of radio display lights.

More systems, more hours to complete longer list of things.

Better to find the things not working before you own it.

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

Lower price, more risk and more surprises. Higher price, lower risk and fewer surprises.

My policy is that if a cover has a screw, remove the cover and look inside.

Clarence

I live near San Antonio. Dugosh in Kerrville is pretty close, Chuck Reynolds at Boerne Stage (5C1) does lots of Mooney PPIs, Ron Fisher at Kestral (1T7) is as knowledgable as anyone about all models of Mooney. PM me if I can be of help. The usual mantra is to have a shop other than the one that has been maintaining the plane do the PPI. But, if any of the above or Maxwell in Longview did the maintenance, you may want to get their advice on where to take it for the PPI. Ray

Gemini Aviation bought Dugosh and several of the crew stayed. They did my last annual....very thorough, and they still have the Dugosh name as well as Gemini. They moved to different hangars at Kerrville, but still at KERV.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Don Maxwell in Longview did mine on a 79 m20k 231. He was easy to deal with and found quite a few things despite the plane being fresh out of annual at leading edge aviation at U42 in Utah. Cost was $1250 for pre buy. Can't recommend him enough. Don't skip the pre buy.

• Like 1