Century IIB autopilot stopped working

MooneyBob

My Cenruty IIB autopilot didn't work today for some reason. It worked few days ago. After I landed I try it again without engine running and could hear in the quiet hangar environment that servo is moving as I turned the roll knob.

It looks like the clutch doesn't engage or something. There is no resistance on the yoke. Is there any way to check it out?

Just outboard of the aileron pushrod on the left wing, the roll servo lives under the inspection panel. The servo has a short 6" lead and it has a blue connector that goes back to the computer. Two wires are servo +/- 12v, and the other two are servo clutch +/- Have a partner roll the roll knob left and right in roll mode and try to wiggle that connector and see if the clutch comes alive. If the servo is running and the clutch definately is not engaging (as opposed to slipping from corrosion x) check all the other blue connectors between the servo and the console. Start there it's cheap.

• Like 1

Just outboard of the aileron pushrod on the left wing, the roll servo lives under the inspection panel. The servo has a short 6" lead and it has a blue connector that goes back to the computer. Two wires are servo +/- 12v, and the other two are servo clutch +/- Have a partner roll the roll knob left and right in roll mode and try to wiggle that connector and see if the clutch comes alive. If the servo is running and the clutch definately is not engaging (as opposed to slipping from corrosion x) check all the other blue connectors between the servo and the console. Start there it's cheap.

Thank you very much. That's what I was about to ask. Where is the servo? I am an electronic engineer so I should be able to troubleshoot it. I found some schematics on line too. Thanks.

one more thing you may want to check:

the CIIB " cannon style" connectors are knows to loose electric contact.

disconnect the connectors and make sure the copper jaws inside each pin are not too separated to make electric contact.

you will see what i mean when you look at them