Photos: Taking to the Skies

Joe Zuffoletto

There's a gentleman who hangs out at my home airport who takes great telephoto shots of arriving and departing aircraft. He got some really good images of my Mooney this past Sunday morning.

First one is at wheels up, with Pike's Peak in the background:

Bdp_0298-L.jpg

Second one is coming in to land a short time later:

Bdp_0277%5B1%5D-L.jpg

• Like 1

For the life of me I just don't understand how the beech guys don't see that mooney is the best looking 4 seater ever made ;-)

Well, second best, nothing looks beter than Lacair IV with wheels up. Wheels down though, looks like a sick seagull. I'd own one in a beat if I was still under the illusion that I actually know anything about flying an airplane.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. The photographer sent me several more images but none show the plane with the gear up. I plan to hire an air-to-air photographer this summer to get some in-flight shots.

Or. You could fly in the Mooney Caravan. All kinds of folks in spare seats to take pictures of you from 40' away or so while in flight. ;)

Sent from my iPad

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. The photographer sent me several more images but none show the plane with the gear up. I plan to hire an air-to-air photographer this summer to get some in-flight shots.

Just have the guy at end of the runway get a few of you doing low passes with the gear up.