AOPA Regional Fly-Ins Mooney Ambassadors

mooneygirl

• 1 month later...

July 12th, AOPA Regional/Mooney Ambassador: Plymouth Airport (PYM), Plymouth, Mass.: Point Persons: Rae Willis and Candie Oldham. Expect a good old-fashioned day of fun. Pancake breakfast, town hall, seminars, vendors, lunch, static displays. Ambassadors will have a booth/aircraft at show central.  We do need help in the booth with the children's activities and talking about the display airplanes.  Please contact us if you plan on attending and can donate an hour or so.

post-6913-0-29212200-1404853682_thumb.jp

post-6913-0-45895900-1404853731_thumb.jp

post-6913-0-34275800-1404853783_thumb.jp

According to point persons Rae Willis and Candie Oldham, the Mooney Ambassador booth was busy ALL day today in Plymouth, MA.  Our airplanes were the first that attendees came to.  Rae said that there were lots of folks who had or have Mooneys who came and visited. As well there were a lot who wanted to know more about the Mooney factory, and what a Mooney Ambassador is.  Both the airplanes were open and estimates were about 100 or more in the planes.

Next up for the AOPA Regionals: 

Spokane Felts Field (SFF), Spokane, Wash.—Aug. 16

We are kind of skinny for Spokane, so if you are a northwest pilot and can attend, please let me know.

post-6913-0-37967900-1405228402_thumb.jp

post-6913-0-48763700-1405228420_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Attached are some screen shots from the AOPA Article: http://www.aopa.org/News-and-Video/All-News/2014/July/12/PYM-Fly-In

For those on Facebook, an album with 20 or so photos uploaded.

Here is the update from Rae and Candie: 

Hi Jolie,

Wow, what a day! Ideal weather, for starters. There HAD to be over 2000 people; I heard an AOPA person say 1500 had RSVPed, but that they had served 2000 breakfasts. Not everyone had breakfast, and judging by the crowds, there were many more. We were in the perfect spots due to Rae and Pete getting up there on Thursday. Both planes attracted SO much interest that we were busy the ENTIRE DAY. Pete and we were all amazed at the number of serious Mooney shoppers, most of them already well informed about the marque but just needing to sit in the plane and ask some questions. Most of them were looking for J models, so we were just right. Most of them were also very tall, from 6'3" to 6'5". Both Rae and Pete are 6'3" so in spite of many of these guys having misconceptions about "mooney room", they all were fine in the planes. Nonstop interest, all day. Some pilots already owning Mooneys stopped by, but they were greatly outnumbered by the ones with future Mooney aspirations.

My friend Sue was there also, and the folks from CT. I think they brought in 7 lunch trucks and they pretty much were emptied. I believe they had to bring in more food.

There were LOTs of volunteers to park planes, etc. they were great. The only negative comments I heard were about pilots not following the arrival procedure, and cutting others off in the pattern. One friend of ours from NJ tried to land 3 times and finally left. It was BUSY.

We did have some people with kids stop by. Rae will be sending you lots of pictures.

A huge success, in our opinion!

Rae and Candie
Falmouth Airpark

post-6913-0-75885800-1405288051_thumb.pn

post-6913-0-33771600-1405288068_thumb.pn

post-6913-0-47386000-1405288085_thumb.pn

post-6913-0-79826400-1405288117_thumb.pn

• 4 weeks later...

We need some more Mooney drivers on this one.  If you are going to this event and can help in the booth that would be awesome. Please let me know.  MooneyAmbassadors@charter.net

August 16th, AOPA Regional/Mooney Ambassador: Spokane Felts Field (SFF), Spokane, Wash.  Expect a good old-fashioned day of fun. Pancake breakfast, town hall, seminars, vendors, lunch, static displays. Ambassadors will have a booth/aircraft at show central.  We do need folks to help out in the booth talking Mooney or with the kid's activities. Let us know if you can donate an hour or so. Point Person: Andrew Soleimany.

• 2 weeks later...

A good time was had by all in Spokane today.  Next up is Chino California on September 20th. The display planes are set but we can sure use help in the booth. If you can donate an hour or so that would be great. Shoot me an email or PM

post-6913-0-38257600-1408218872_thumb.jp

post-6913-0-77782800-1408218874_thumb.jp

post-6913-0-24336200-1408218888_thumb.jp

• 1 month later...

Hello Folks. I am refreshing this thread because we are just one month away from the final AOPA Fly-In of the year at KSSI, St. Simon's Island GA.  We're always looking for folks to help out with the Mooney Ambassadors booth, so if you are interested or planning on attending the event and want to help out please let me know. Drop me a PM and make sure to give me your email address so I can put you on the list.  So far we've got four people total signed up, so getting a few more could help spread the work a bit and give everyone a chance to enjoy other activities at the event.

And Richard Simile from Premier will be sharing booth space with us showing off an Acclaim, so if you've got dreams of moving up this is your chance to see one up close and personal. (Although I'm guessing this one won't have those new fangled winglets I saw on the give-away bird...those look cool. I wonder if there's a retro-mod for Ovations!)

Jeff

Amelia: best way to get t-shirts, tanks, or sweatshirts is to let me know what you would like and I will mail them to you.  We have ladies t-shirts and tanks this year which is FAB.  T-shirts/Tanks: $20 includes shipping, Sweats: $40 includes shipping. Of course the Boots on the Ground DVD [$50] includes a free T or Tank.  MooneyAmbassadors@charter.net 

Jolie

Since Jeff and I will be there Saturday night, we are planning on a group dinner somewhere.  We will have the location determined by mid day Sat and have infor for all who can attend.

PS we're still looking for volunteers to man the booth for an hour.   Let Jeff know what time slot you'd like if you can help.

BILL

Jolie, it might have been quicker to unearth a stamp and an envelope,but I believe I have successfully navigated PayPal. Yay!

Bill, I expect to depart northbound late Saturday afternoon, (subject to change!) but expect to be there Friday evening, with or without favorite spouse, camping under my wing, unless it rains and reasonable nearby accommodations can be secured at the last minute. I will be happy to help out whenever it's most needed.

Mimi

• 4 weeks later...

Plane is gassed and loaded.  Wheels up at 0800 tomorrow. I got my camera and will take plenty of pictures.  Hope to get a group shot of all the volunteers and of the dinner folks.

My passenger is my mechanic so I'm not worried about any kind of breakdown ! (HA HA).

Bill

Fine day, excellent hospitality at SSI, looking forward to Mooniacking tomorrow. Not sure how well a snug

Mooney Ambassador t-shirt is going to work, -- shoulda sprung for the sweat shirt!, but looks like another spectacular day.

Fine day, excellent hospitality at SSI, looking forward to Mooniacking tomorrow. Not sure how well a snug

Mooney Ambassador t-shirt is going to work, -- shoulda sprung for the sweat shirt!, but looks like another spectacular day.

Hi. I guess you came by the Mooney spot after we left about 2?