AirBoss

Air Boss  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Is Air Boss Worth it?

• Yes - I'm a member
    • No - I'm a member (and most likely will not renew)
    • I am not a member and want to try it out
    • I am not a member and do not want to try it
    • Undecided - I may try it out, or have wanted to but have not in the past
    • Other

I'm looking at some of the cross country fuel prices and I've seen AirBoss for years and am thinking about signing up.  It costs $39 for the year, and whenever you fly somewhere that AirBoss has a deal, you get a fuel discount. 

Is it worth it?  Depends on your XC habits, but I'm thinking it may be worth it. 

Thoughts?

-Seth

What is the discount and therefore payback quantity ?  for $0.10/gal, that's 400 gallons.  At 10gl/hr that's 40 hrs. So about 6 months for me.

That's IF I bought all my gas at a AirBoss station.  Since I should buy some at my local airport to support them, (say half), then I'd never get to 400 gallons.

BILL

How can you tell who supports the program? I looked at the site and couldn't see anything that lets me know what FBO's support Airboss.

Airboss, to the best of my knowledge, doesn't publish a list. I simply cross reference airports along my route using the Airnav "Aviation Fuel" page, which does show participating FBO's in the area.

Is this one of those "you got to sign it to know whats in it" programs? I can find any list of participating FBO's either. Also does it have to be full service or do you get the discount on self serve as well? A few of the airports it is actually more convient to self serve than full.  The primary airports that I would benifit from are KIPL, KUDD, KREI, and KSBD(my weekly triangle) if anyone has that information. This sounds like a program I would join.

Is this one of those "you got to sign it to know whats in it" programs? I can find any list of participating FBO's either. Also does it have to be full service or do you get the discount on self serve as well? A few of the airports it is actually more convient to self serve than full.  The primary airports that I would benifit from are KIPL, KUDD, KREI, and KSBD(my weekly triangle) if anyone has that information. This sounds like a program I would join.

You can see FBO's that participate in the program from the Airnav Aviation Fuel page by seeing for the Airboss logo, but it won't display the discount unless you are signed on as a member.

Looking at Airnav I see that Tradition Aviation at nearby KTRM is a participant as well as Encore at KCNO.

I started my AirBoss membership some years ago mostly out of a desire to support AirNav's great informational site. I've kept my membership going ever since. I'm pretty sure the discounts over the course of a year have made it worth it for me, but I really haven't cared to keep track that closely.