pitot tube cover size?

I use an old tennis ball with a small x cut. I took an 18"x1.5" ribbon of sunbrella fabric, bright orange, and put it in a second small cut 90 degrees away from first. Very visible. This fabric holds it's color. The fabric was left over from a tail opening bra that you can see in my gallery (if it all transferred over).

Neither. I use this one:

http://www.sportys.c...p/product/16537

Just be sure to pull it tight; if the fit is sloppy when you attach the velcro strap, strong winds will blow if off. Lost mine that way when parked near tornadoes [twice!].

That's what I use, also.

Lucky that's all you lost, Hank!

Yep! I was at Tornado-and-Fun last year. The Cessna on my right wingtip was turned around and inverted on top of the Bonanza by his right wingtip. Things could very easily gone differently for many of us. A month later, at my brother's wedding, the tornado was across the county.

Found out by nearly losing a third one that you can pull it nice and snug and it stays on, for instance when that nice front blew through the weekend after Labor Day, and I was tied down outside. Still have that pitot cover!

• 3 months later...