has anyone had any experience, good or bad with the MVP50P

tradin1

If I were a big company, wouldn't I want to sell 10000 units at $5000 instead of 1000 units at $15,000?

Granted, those are totally made up, but I know there's a bunch of glass cockpit stuff that'll never be inside my airplane at current prices. So, I'm effectively out of the market and represent latent demand at a lower price.

In what way does the current situation benefit the manufacturers? (It probably does, and I just don't see it.)

Anyone have any experience with the Insight G3?

Tom

I do, I have the G3 installed in my Rocket.  Great analyzer, LOP & ROP threshold.  the only thing I wish I had gone with the G4 at my age a little larger display would be better.  I put in the G500, GTN 750 & 650 so space was at a high premium and I did not have room for anything larger on the Pilot side.  I might upgrade to the G4 or if the old nickles will stretch that far,  this MVP50 looks very interesting for the price I just don't know where I could fit something like that in!

G3 all and all is a great product, I had the JPI 701 in my last plane and much prefer the G3 over the JPI.  Color is a great and very useful quick guide for me.

Good luck,

I just don't know where I could fit something like that in!

...which is why that CGR-30P is starting to really grow on me. Replaces the tach and is -primary- for several gauges.

I'm stuck on the whole "certified primary" thing because apparently that's why my current engine monitor (GEM 600) reads cold on cylinder 3. It couldn't replace the factory CHT strip gauge and so I'm stuck with a "piggy back" probe. screw that. I want that -gone-.

...which is why that CGR-30P is starting to really grow on me. Replaces the tach and is -primary- for several gauges.

I'm stuck on the whole "certified primary" thing because apparently that's why my current engine monitor (GEM 600) reads cold on cylinder 3. It couldn't replace the factory CHT strip gauge and so I'm stuck with a "piggy back" probe. screw that. I want that -gone-.

Jamie, he CGR-30P does look interesting!

Cgr-30p installed in 201. Ripped out all the old gauges. Works awesome very intuitive and only took 14 hours to install. Has Rop finder and Lop finder very easy. Is essentially a mini MVP-50 $3400 certified primary for all gauges in. 201.

Fuel flow. All pressure transducers included in price

As is oat. Egt cht. Amps volts tach time flight time clock zulu time and the kitchen sink.

post-7102-0-81398600-1382888320_thumb.jp

post-7102-0-75331200-1382888384_thumb.jp

post-7102-0-76460300-1382892072_thumb.jp

• Like 1

WANT.

Looks like there are optional sensors... which ones did you get? Does yours do fuel flow? If so, did you reuse any previous fuel flow sensor, or add a new one? Fuel quantity?

14 hours doesn't sound nearly as bad as I would have thought. Had your mechanic seen one before? How much of the 14 hours was him figuring out the instructions?

This has gone from "Wow, that'd be nice to have" to "The annual's in January..."

I installed myself. Ap apprentice. Had it signed out by mechanic. Another hour of paperwork. The whole job reading instructions to log books filled out is 15 hours. 2 days. Very impressed with quality. All probes and sensors included I posted on this back when I was at osh. I went to buy a jpi 830 for 3k. Bought the cgr 30 instead for 3.2k and it's primary. It's totally a no brainer. Jpi was rude and ignorant at Oshkosh and were unwilling to comment on their overpriced 930.