Anyone Know Howard Joe of Dunwoody, GA?

GeeBee

Used to own an M20M. Crashed his G36 in the parking lot of Lake Lanier Islands Resort tonight at 5:15 and was killed. KPDK based aircraft N23VS. The question is why not ditch in the lake, water is calm and shallow albeit close to night. Flightaware data show control and controlled glide. Seems very strange. 

• Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...

Late to this conversation but I did know him personally.  We worked at the same company and I saw him just two weeks prior.  We worked in different parts of the country so we didn't see each other regularly.  Since I own a Mooney we talked and shared pictures from time to time.  He was a very experienced pilot, so I don't know what may have happened here.  He flew regularly.  Sad.  

I flew with him about 25 years ago once.  He was a much better pilot than I was then.  We worked together back then.  He had a Bonanza back then too.  We were playing around north of PDK and the tower radioed us that we should land immediately and call the office where we worked.  They didn't tell which of us needed to though.  Once on the ground, I found out my youngest son ran into a wall playing dodgeball at school and knocked himself out and I was to rush to the hospital.  Turned out just fine.  Howard was so concerned about me and I have remembered his since for that.  We lost track after I left the company.  Really nice guy.

• Like 1