Better organization of followed threads

Marc_B

I wind up keeping a word document for threads that i find helpful and may need one of these days.  But it would be nice if i could "sticky" or "favorite" threads and/or specific posts within the forum.  It would be even more amazing if I could then have a search function to search only though the threads that I've favorited/stickied.  i.e. I know I saw something about alternator somewhere, but I can't seem to find the post I'm looking for: search "alternator" and click box for "favorited threads/posts only."

1 hour ago, Marc_B said:

I wind up keeping a word document for threads that i find helpful and may need one of these days.  But it would be nice if i could "sticky" or "favorite" threads and/or specific posts within the forum.  It would be even more amazing if I could then have a search function to search only though the threads that I've favorited/stickied.  i.e. I know I saw something about alternator somewhere, but I can't seem to find the post I'm looking for: search "alternator" and click box for "favorited threads/posts only."

I save a PDF of the thread.  File name includes topic number and title.  Usually don't need to go back to the original topic but, if I need to, I can find it using the topic number and title.  Also, you can usually get better results using your favorite search engine if you include the search term "site:mooneyspace.com" (minus the quotes).

I’m familiar with using google search and the “site:…”. So much better search than from within MS. But I’m not sure how to restrict google to threads or posts I personally follow. And I’ve found it super convoluted to find something that I’ve followed or posted in, easily. Viewing this on MS just runs things together. 

4 minutes ago, Marc_B said:

I’m familiar with using google search and the “site:…”. So much better search than from within MS. But I’m not sure how to restrict google to threads or posts I personally follow. And I’ve found it super convoluted to find something that I’ve followed or posted in, easily. Viewing this on MS just runs things together. 

I have sometimes used "Followed Content".  Might be worth a look:

https://mooneyspace.com/followed/

4 minutes ago, Fly Boomer said:

I have sometimes used "Followed Content".  Might be worth a look:

Exactly. If there was a way to search this or “find” within… some threads creep and I’ve had a few times I KNOW I’ve seen something before but can’t find it again. Hence starting a word document. Basically trying to figure out a sleek way for personal stickies!  Would be nice to do this within MS. Also a search function restrictor for a specific user. Ie search only skip’s posts!

14 minutes ago, Marc_B said:

Exactly. If there was a way to search this or “find” within… some threads creep and I’ve had a few times I KNOW I’ve seen something before but can’t find it again. Hence starting a word document. Basically trying to figure out a sleek way for personal stickies!  Would be nice to do this within MS. Also a search function restrictor for a specific user. Ie search only skip’s posts!

You will have to experiment a bit, but the built-in MooneySpace search might work for that:

https://mooneyspace.com/search/?&q=extensions&quick=1&author=PT20J&search_and_or=and&updated_after=month&sortby=relevancy

&q=extensions (word to search for)
&quick=1 (not sure what this does)
&author=PT20J (restrict to Skip's posts)
&search_and_or=and (restrict to author AND search word)
&updated_after=month (last 30 days)
&sortby=relevancy

It's a little convoluted, but there is a way to get there with the regular user interface.

• Thanks 1