Can’t Connect iPad to G3X

Aah, ok.   But my iPad has only one connection to the FS510.

That’s why I ask about the Flightstream, it should handle both kinds of data streams.
Check the connection type to FS510 is ConnextX (I’m assuming the 210 and 510 have same functionality, with the 510 also having database updates).
Maybe the FS510 needs to have its settings changed?

I’ve tried the flight plan transfer from iPad to G3X, no joy.

My GTN flight plan was empty.

There’s not even the connextX symbol on the Garmin Pilot flight plan page to attempt it. When I switched to internal it gives me the warning that the flight may be updated and I can transfer the flight plan.
If I switch back to external after transferring the flight plan it removes all waypoints and is empty just like the GTN.

I went through the configuration menus on the G3X and didn’t see any pertinent options. Any ideas?

21 hours ago, ArtVandelay said:

I’ve tried the flight plan transfer from iPad to G3X, no joy.

My GTN flight plan was empty.

There’s not even the connextX symbol on the Garmin Pilot flight plan page to attempt it. When I switched to internal it gives me the warning that the flight may be updated and I can transfer the flight plan.
If I switch back to external after transferring the flight plan it removes all waypoints and is empty just like the GTN.

I went through the configuration menus on the G3X and didn’t see any pertinent options. Any ideas?

Tom,

I’d be glad to work with you over a phone call from the plane this week. We can go screen by screen for comparison. I’m sure you can teach me a few things too.

Chuck

Tom,
I’d be glad to work with you over a phone call from the plane this week. We can go screen by screen for comparison. I’m sure you can teach me a few things too.
Chuck

I think I figured it out, well sort of.

The old GTN has a setup page to configure External FPL crossfill, the Xi DOESN’T, or as least it’s not documented. The only reference is in the error messages, which seems to confirm this:
a41d866ed1cf47be566e822ecafe7076.jpg
If it was supported they wouldn’t tell you service is required,they would point you to the setup section. The GTN does have an External FPL crossfill setup,
f1ee11ebba4408ac615c1a38af96960b.jpg

I need to go to the hangar and see if it’s an undocumented option.

Do you have an Xi or old GTN?

I can’t believe Xi has less functionality than its predecessor.

1 hour ago, ArtVandelay said:

I think I figured it out, well sort of.

The old GTN has a setup page to configure External FPL crossfill, the Xi DOESN’T, or as least it’s not documented. The only reference is in the error messages, which seems to confirm this:
a41d866ed1cf47be566e822ecafe7076.jpg
If it was supported they wouldn’t tell you service is required,they would point you to the setup section. The GTN does have an External FPL crossfill setup,
f1ee11ebba4408ac615c1a38af96960b.jpg

I need to go to the hangar and see if it’s an undocumented option.

Do you have an Xi or old GTN?

Legacy

6 hours ago, ArtVandelay said:

Did your installer fill out the configuration log in the maintenance manual and give you a copy? The maintenance manual is available on Garmin’s website. 

Screenshot2023-07-30at10_55_30AM.png.bab35c4d4fd58839bc18110d3c6766de.png

• 6 months later...
3 hours ago, ArtVandelay said:

I finally got this resolved, it was a setting of some sort. Took multiple calls to Garmin Service to resolve the issue.

Congratulations! You win this month's GPA (Garmin Perseverance Award)!!

• Like 1