Any SoCA 201 or 231 owners in midst of restoration projects?

Any southern CA Mooney owners in the middle of a 201 or 231 restoration? I am hoping to find a caring owner who might share his/her work in progress with my father who recently began hospice. Nothing more sought than perhaps a visit to your air frame in progress on the ground to help him stir up some fond memories of the 201 and 231s he once flew all over the country (we were mid-west based). Not even sure he would be keen to make an airport pilgrimage, however I thought it best to ask of possibility before posing idea to him.

We are in West LA, so travel within a 45 minute drive would be most ideal. He is mobile by wheel chair only, so we would not be looking for seat time or entry of any kind. Perhaps just a few minutes of shared Mooney experience stories...

IMG_4526.jpeg
Photo of the 231 model he has had in his office for years of his last Mooney, N5764N, that he sold on 35 years ago.

TIA,
Keith Bloom
202-494-9333
Edited by Keith Bloom
Additional conent.
  • Like 4

Thank you Tom. Is your Ovation hangered and it that hangar accessible by wheelchair from a car? Wonderful there's a ramp 231 as well.

An hour's drive is a small complication, but we discovered last evening we may be able to use his powered oxygen generator in the car with an inverter. That makes for a very manageable adventure, with a stretch on PCH to Oxnard to boot!

My mobile is two-zero-two-four-nine-four-nine-triple three'.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...