A&P at/near KIWS?

MarkW

Hi, all,

Due to poor planning on my own part, I let my annual expire this past weekend. My plane is parked at KIWS and has been flying regularly up to now. The shop at KIWS is fine with me, but they are booked solid for a couple of weeks before they can start.

Is there an IA who might be interested/available sooner, maybe? And even if not, I'm new to the Mooney community and so would love to know who y'all recommend for future reference. 

Thanks for any constructive advice or suggestions you might have.  Thanks!

1 hour ago, MarkW said:

Hi, all,

Due to poor planning on my own part, I let my annual expire this past weekend. My plane is parked at KIWS and has been flying regularly up to now. The shop at KIWS is fine with me, but they are booked solid for a couple of weeks before they can start.

Is there an IA who might be interested/available sooner, maybe? And even if not, I'm new to the Mooney community and so would love to know who y'all recommend for future reference. 

Thanks for any constructive advice or suggestions you might have.  Thanks!

There is B&K at Houston Sourthwest. Houston Tank Specialties at Eagle Lake does Mooney Annuals in addition to tank work.  Pearland has a couple shops -Air Professionals for instance. The problem is that if you call any today they will be booked out just as long or longer. For instance there are comments on MS that HTS is overbooked and will be longer than scheduled.  Sugar Land is no better. The shop that I traditionally used lost a mechanic to KIWS and it’s short staffed – they are a Cirrus service center so they are overbooked with Cirrus which gets the priority regardless. There is another shop at Sugar Land but they are more of a Cessna shop and I don’t recommend them.  The other thing is you will need a Ferry Permit to legally fly to another airport.  I am sure you can get one but it will be more delay.  You can call around but you may be better just waiting at West Houston. 

Welcome to the joys and unexpected delays and expenses of plane ownership. 

Edited by 1980Mooney

48 minutes ago, Alex M said:

+1 for BK Aircraft. 

2 weeks delay is pretty good with how slammed shops are right now, I'd just wait the 2 weeks to get it done at IWS, you're not likely to find anyone else who can work you in sooner.

This all makes sense to me, no surprises, and I appreciate the replies. Thanks, y'all.