Manual Retractable Step Speed Limitation

Mine is still in the shop as well. Of course mine going into the shop was self induced but hopefully it'll be done within the next few weeks.

My shop work was also self inflicted. Best flying weather all year and I am waiting for my plane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have been told that  at least with the vacuum operated  step, that  if you ever have to do a gear up with the step down in something other than pavement.  The step will  dig into the ground it  will rip the airplane into two.   On second thought if  it is a case of in emergency  situation better the airplane absorb the energy than the people.

James  '67C

10 hours ago, Mooney_Mike said:

I've been told that step will do some serious additional damage if you land gear up. Especially the fixed in place type.

That's when you upgrade to the one piece belly.

My PO did that in 2002/2003. My fixed step doesn't look original, but its sure beefy. No fuselage damage, much less "ripping in half "

• 1 year later...
On 4/4/2017 at 7:51 PM, Marauder said:

I think it had 4 bolts that held it on. My plane is in the shop or I would try to snap a picture.

On 4/5/2017 at 4:22 AM, ABCDEF said:

Mine is in the shop too! Miss my little bird.

On 4/5/2017 at 6:14 AM, Hank said:

Mine is supposed to finish up tomorrow!

On 4/5/2017 at 12:56 PM, ABCDEF said:

Mine in about a month.

On 4/5/2017 at 2:39 PM, LevelWing said:

Mine is still in the shop as well.

Now all you guys know how I feel :D I can't believe the irony that my little bird is out and about flying and most people on here arent lol!