Cowl Baffle Replacement

I have decided the old black rubber cowl baffle seal needs to be replaced.  This is on 65C with doghouse style sheetmetal.

I bought the black silicone rubber 3" wide material from Aircraft Spruce, it looks like a good match.

Question -- how best to attach the silicone to the sheet metal?   The original attachment is via staples.  That does not look like something I can reproduce.  Aircraft Spruce sells special screws for the purpose -- they call them baffle fasteners, part number 05-56140.  Has anyone used these?

Question --suggestions on the best way to replace the 5 or 6 feet of front baffle?

Your IA shouldn't have a problem with pop rivets. For the lower front sections of baffle seal they have sheets of the material you bought and you can cut it to shape using the original material for a pattern. If the original is too bad you can tape some stiff paper to the metal portion of the baffle and trim it to shape for a pattern. You may need to cut some little slits in it to allow for areas where it wants to pucker.