Lower Alabama Mooney Fly-in (21 May @ KEUF)

kpaul

I have realized that there are a few MooneySpace members located around the FL panhandle.  Any interest in an unofficial fly-in?  I was thinking May 7th or 21st.  We can get together in Defuniak Springs FL (54J), but I am open to any location.  Fuel is $3.35 and there is a great BB-Q (4Cs) joint in town.

Edited by kpaul
edited because of poor calendar reading skills
  • Like 1

The Sundays work for me those weekends as well, so the 7th, 8th, 21st or 22nd.

The weekend of  (14, 15) I will be in Panama City Beach with my other toy at Jeep Beach Jam 2016. Followed later in the month by a government sponsored trip overseas until early September.

Edited by kpaul
edited because of poor calendar reading skills

I have never been into EUF and apparently my Google skills are lacking.  Any one know the hours of the Lakeside Restaurant?  They don't appear to have a website and their FB is not updated regularly.

The airport restaurant in Eufaula is pretty good, with a nicely varied menu. 

But the 20th is our anniversary, and we are planning a weekend trip to Charleston.

Any other weekend in May with work for me. May just have to wait for the next one. 

• Like 1

I'd certainly be interested but May and June are a flurry of activity for my wife and I. My daughter's high school graduation is on the 21st so I'm not able to do this one. Keep me posted on future dates.

BTW the Florida Mooney Flyers fly-in originally planned for GIF Winter Haven has been moved to FIN Flagler on May 14th. High-Jackers Restaurant is right on the field and always good food.

2 hours ago, Hank said:

But the 20th is our anniversary, and we are planning a weekend trip to Charleston.

Hank, come to your senses, man!

You know Debra would much rather be with Mooney folk in LA on your anniversary, than in Charleston being ripped off by cab drivers.  :P

2 hours ago, Hank said:

The airport restaurant in Eufaula is pretty good, with a nicely varied menu. 

Any other weekend in May with work for me. May just have to wait for the next one. 

Rent a cabin at the state park in eufaula for the weekend. Then ride into town around lunch at say gee honey, wonder what all the money's are here for. Let's stop and see what is going on. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, N601RX said:

Rent a cabin at the state park in eufaula for the weekend. Then ride into town around lunch at say gee honey, wonder what all the money's are here for. Let's stop and see what is going on. 

That's a great idea! But she wants a carriage ride along The Battery. We will visit two friends, one who moved down from WV, and my cousin. Maybe next time? Keep this thread alive for the next after-May-21st meetup.

Not changing the venue here..Keep this thread going regarding this Mooneyfest at EUF, but as a follow-up since a few are so tied up in May. Maybe a get together at (JKA) Gulf Shores would be fun.

A Mooney lunch fest on the decks at LuLu's in June or July? Dates TBD? Just a suggestion?

-Tom

• Like 1

JKA is a very good trip.  In addition to LuLu's there are a couple of go-kart track and put-put courses very close to the airport.  We could also see how many Mooniacs can conquer the  "Mountain Of Youth", it's only 3 stories!

Perhaps we should start with Eufaula and rotate every 3 or 4 months between JKA Monroeville and Eufaula.

image.jpeg

• Like 1