FIKI TKS UL Reduction

schule

I have tried the search function with no real success, so here is the question:

It appears the UL listed on planes with TKS is around 100 pounds less than a similar one without it, does the UL adjustment to the POH/W&B assume a full TKS tank? Or do you have to also add in the weight of TKS onboard after? If not then during summer flying can you gain back the 55ish pounds of TKS not carried?

This winter's weather and my hankering for high altitude turbo flying, has me thinking some bad thoughts like a FIKI Bravo.

The weight and ballance does include a full tks tank. The chart spells out "TKS-FLUID TANKS (Full 6.0 Gal.)" in the W&B / equipment list section 6. At least in the Ovation POH for my serial number specific one.

Is your Bravo known icing? That would make a difference if your bravo is not. It's the same body and system will be the same. It weighs 9.2 lbs per gallon and figure 6.0 gallons (6.3 goes in the tank, 6.0 usable).

50+ lbs that far back from the center of lift sounds important to know the effects on W&B from full to empty to me...

How does one know how full the tank is at any time?

Does it use a sight glass or floating sensor?

Best regards,

-a-

It has a sensor. And I agree- the W&B for my install has an empty tank-> I add the weight of the fluid as applicable, just like fuel.

make sure you are getting all the numbers correct...

the O has a UL that is over 1,000 LBs...

it has Charley weights installed behind the back seats. these CWs get swapped out when equipment upgrades get swapped in. The sole purpose of the CW is to control the B by adding W back there.

it would be better to have more ice protection and less CWs...

Go Long Body,

-a-