PROCEDURE DOWNLOAD G1000

Danb

What is your procedure for the Acclaim my Bravo used three cards I use Garmin downloads and it apparently wants me to use two cards, it stops after two so I begin the process over to do the other card, one PFD,MFD and Nav card. 
D

5 minutes ago, Danb said:

What is your procedure for the Acclaim my Bravo used three cards I use Garmin downloads and it apparently wants me to use two cards, it stops after two so I begin the process over to do the other card, one PFD,MFD and Nav card. 
D

Same here. I just restart it and put the 3rd card in and it does its thing.

Garmin's Aviation Database Manager software has "changed". It used to ask for the lower MFD and lower PFD card. If you don't do both eventually you'll get a mismatch message on the G1000. You want them both to be the same.

That’s what I was wondering last year I had a database mismatch and went back did them over, I plan a trip on Wednesday so I don’t want a surprise doing it on game day..I used to have Jeppesen which worked great, I’m kinda dumb not keeping it with the acclaim 

Doesn't it cross-fill the DBs in the PFD when the time comes? I've never had to manually update the PFD. In the aux page under databases (I think) it will show the cross-fill status.

I only use 2 cards... but I write the DB and secondary data to each card. (Even though Garmin says use separate cards, it isn't necessary)

When I had flitecharts, They only went on the MFD SD card. 

With garmin v14 you only have to update the MFD data, and the system will cross fill to the PFD for the safetaxi etc, but it takes forever.    The only feature you must use the top slot for is the ability to pre-load the "next" database before it is valid. 

I wrote about this back in 2021. 
https://mooneyspace.com/topic/37849-a-g1000-question/#comment-650673

If you want to use 3 cards.. (one DB and 2 data).. then you need to do the 1st two cards  DB and PFD data.   Then you need to do the next "pair" of cards.. you can write the DB again to the same DB card and then the second one to the MFD card.. I don't think you can skip the "second" DB card write, so just write it twice.. 

Garmin thinks you just wrote to 4 cards.. but you just doubled up on the DB card. 

13 hours ago, Brandt said:

I am lost. I use one data card for my downloads and my engine data. And I only use my fs510 card to connect to my ipad during flights. What am I missing here?

You have an NXi. They are talking abut Legacy G1000 Acclaims.

Acclaim Ultra(M20V) and Ovation Ultra (M20U) all have the G1000 NXi.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2024 at 9:08 AM, dkkim73 said:

Doesn't it cross-fill the DBs in the PFD when the time comes? I've never had to manually update the PFD. In the aux page under databases (I think) it will show the cross-fill status.

It depends on the version of G1000.   The NXi will cross-fill, but the older ones won't...at least that's my understanding.   I was doing the database management for our local CAP squadron airplanes for a while, and they're the older, non-NXi G1000s.   The AZ Wing has some NXi airplanes that only need the MFD updated and will cross-fill automatically.   I don't know which Mooneys have which version of G1000.