North Texas Avionics Shops...

joncabe

Hi everyone, 

It's finally time to start planning - too many vacuum issues. I'm looking for a good avionics shop to do some upgrades for my 1967 Mooney M20F. I want to replace the AI and DG with two GI-275s and replace my Bendix/King KLN-94 with a Garmin GPS-175. Does anyone have suggestions for a good shop with ...fair ...pricing? I'm based at Dallas Executive (KRBD). I got my transponder L3 Lynx NGT-9000 done at Sarasota Avionics a couple years ago. I was hoping to stay more local, but would be willing to travel a bit for a good job. 

Thanks,
Jon. 

Edge Aviation in Commerce (2F7) does mine. Brad and Mark are good folks. Talk to Brad, he’s the owner. They are a Garmin shop too…

If you need a ride back, let me know… I’m hangered in Mesquite…

-Don

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, hammdo said:

Edge Aviation in Commerce (2F7) does mine. Brad and Mark are good folks. Talk to Brad, he’s the owner. They are a Garmin shop too…

If you need a ride back, let me know… I’m hangered in Mesquite…

-Don

Thank you sir - I'll give them a call soon and see. 

CAM Aircraft at Fort Worth Spinks did my panel and autopilot.  I think they did a nice job at a reasonable price.  The work came in at the quoted fee on all of the work.  They have since gotten new owners but the new owners were avionic technicians for the original owner who retired.  They bought the shop.  But they were the guys that did all of the work.  The owner had a maintenance side to CAM aircraft that was more of his thing but apparently that is being shut down and all they will be doing is avionics.

CAM Aircraft

• Thanks 1