Daytona Aircraft Services. Call me when you have a part number?

Jrags

I would have called the local hot rod shop and see who they use a speedometer shop.   Pulled the inner cable and wandered down there to get one made.   Not sure if this would work or if you have to have the press to square the ends.   https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/atp-universal-speedometer-core-repair-kit-120-yc-101/17190220-P?c3ch=PLA&c3nid=17190220-P&adtype=pla&product_channel=online&store_code=&&&&&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQiAyKurBhD5ARIsALamXaGBvnPFd5Xc1Wxtw0akjM4lW2tQEZsn5K5DoGz1AJoA_YZNl6b9DmsaAss1EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

• 2 months later...

Sorry for reviving an old post, but has anyone run into issues like I have due to part number changes? Apparently, in the 61 years since my airplane was born, Mooney changed multiple vendors which result in part number changes. Thus when I look for, say, a throttle control cable part number in the IPC (HE102-401), that no longer exists at all. It took multiple futile calls (including McFarlane), until I found a helpful fellow at LASAR to give me the equivalent current part number. 

Frank Crawford at Mooney support@mooney.com is the guy to talk to. He knows the history and has direct access to all the specs and drawings. He can’t quote prices as each MSC sets its own markup, but he can make sure you have the right part number.

• Like 2

On 11/30/2023 at 11:30 PM, EricJ said:

There is a technical publications revision list on the mooney.com website.     From a regulatory perspective one should be operating and maintaining from the most recent official release, especially with respect to "FAA Approved" sections like limitations, etc.   Operating or maintaining from an unreleased document could be problematic in certain circumstances, but informational updates can certainly be useful.   I had to recently demonstrate to the FAA that I have the proper maintenance manual for my airplane.   Basically, this list is the reference that they want to see.   It's essentially why the list exists.

https://www.mooney.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/Mooney-Technical-Publications-1.pdf

This one hits close to home for me. Our aircraft was a demonstrator for a Mooney dealer.  Purchased less than a year from its airworthiness date with ~100rs tots time. We have all of the original documents from day one.  16 years ago during a rather paperwork heavy annual (9k for an annual inspection and a Lasar Nose truss) we were told that we had been operating illegally for 4 decades because the manual that the dealer provided was incorrect.  I said fine, please order the appropriate manual. I believe the line item was $200 on the bill. What we got were by-folded photocopies stapled together in the fold. I read through it once and I don’t believe it’s left the hat rack since.  There two things I can say about the situation.

1) The main difference between the two manuals is that the “correct” 1967 manual has ridiculously optimistic book cruise speeds while the 1968 manual is much more reasonable.

2) The new manual had no bearing on the safety or operation of my airplane. 

I am not suggesting that we shouldn’t be operating with the correct manual. I just saying that it sucks to be mandated to buy a lousy $200 manual with inaccurate information.

• Like 1