Flat tire on landing

22 hours ago, PT20J said:

I bought a CO2 tire inflator and some spare cartridges

81PmjsU1yuL._AC_SX679_.jpg.2e3ee7ff25cb5e5b04fd089856afffad.jpg

I deflated the nose wheel tire. It took two cartridges to get the pressure up to 25 psi. The nose wheel is supposed to be inflated to 49 psi, but I could have taxied it on 25. So, to fully inflate a main tire might require 4 or 5 cartridges.

Skip

Make sure to let the CO2 out and refill with air. My bike tires always go flat if I leave the CO2 in them. Can't figure out why, but they do it.

36 minutes ago, N201MKTurbo said:

Make sure to let the CO2 out and refill with air. My bike tires always go flat if I leave the CO2 in them. Can't figure out why, but they do it.

I haven't researched this, but it might be the inverse of nitrogen.  The nitrogen molecule is slightly larger than the 20% not-nitrogen stuff in ordinary air, so a microscopic leak slows down.  If the CO2 is smaller than regular air, it might expedite the leakage.  Just a thought.

1 hour ago, N201MKTurbo said:

Good to know. I filled it the rest of the way with air. I'll check after a few days and see if the pressure has decreased. I've got an airstop tube in it.