Wingtip Nav light gaskets

I noticed the gaskets on the red and green glass hemispheres are crumbling. Does anyone have a part number recommendation for that round gasket?  Not sure if the one I found at Aircraft Spruce is correct for my 66 E model. Does anyone even recommend making their own gasket or even using clear silicon? I just want to prevent water from getting in there when I fly in IMC. Thanks!

Be REAL CAREFUL  when you take the lens out. Make sure you have a table with padding under the light before you loosen the screw.

Dropping the lens will cost you a fortune  They are glass and will break when they hit the concrete.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, cliffy said:

Be REAL CAREFUL  when you take the lens out. Make sure you have a table with padding under the light before you loosen the screw.

Dropping the lens will cost you a fortune  They are glass and will break when they hit the concrete.  

Yes! I learned that the hard way on a club Cessna about 10 years ago. I made sure it wouldn’t happen to me!