Hobby Fly in On March 19, 2011

docket

Here is a little self-promotion; albeit really its for the Mooney Ambassadors.  We are having a fly in at Houston, Hobby Airport on March 19, 2011 at 11:00 a.m.  If you go the the 1940 Terminal Website or the Mooney Ambassadors Website you can get some more information.  The best thing is that Don Maxwell and Trey Hughes have both agreed to attend to give us their unique input on Mooney Airplanes.

If you want to attend (and have not sent me an email) please do so.  Eric Lipper "elipper@sbcglobal.net"

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, to all that made it.  We had a great event today.  Came down to Kemah tonight to go for an evening sail and saw a friend of mine that just landed on from the space station named Mike Barrett and he was more impressed by the Mooney Ambassador's T shirt than anything else.  Besides the shuttle, he flies a 231.

Ya gotta love this post by Don Maxwell regarding yesterday's Mooney event at Hobby. 

"Saturday, my son Paul & I attended the event at Hobby. After the event, Trey
was having Lela load the jeep with all of their equipment. On her last load
to the jeep, arms loaded, she was about to miss a step from the porch area.
Seeing what was about to happen, Trey dove in front of her becoming a human
step and saving Lela from a nasty fall. This bold act of chivalry cost Trey
two broken ribs and a broken ankle. Being in excrutiating pain, Trey
suffered thru the ride back to SAT to be at his local hospital. In
confidence, he said in hind site , Lela's driving kept his mind off of the
pain. So, three cheers for his heroic deed and wish Trey a speedy recovery.
Don"

Get well fast Trey so that you may continue to be so chivalrous!!  Wink

Becca, I was the first tenant in slip C-7 back when it used to be called Lafayette Landing and managed by Niels Daughberg.  That slip had some great parties.

Everyone else, I posted a few of the many photos from the event this weekend at Hobby f/k/a Houston Municipal Airport a/k/a Howard Hughes Field (for 9 months).

Well Kudos to your wife.  Mitch picked out his scheme, I helped a bit only with the accent color titanium versus gold. And ArtCraft Paint in Santa Maria worked their magic.  I am thinking about getting mine done, but I might have a cylinder issue at present....

Sounds like it was a blast hopefully it will happen again - My fiance and I went to my Dad's birthday in Gulf Shores - landed at Jack Edwards great trip and smooth air all along the coast.   66 gallons round trip - ya gotta love it.