Mooney 20E market values

drpep

Hello vintage folks and others in the know

I am looking once again at upgrading to a 201 ad attempting to get a feel foe the current market values this year compared to the last two years. I have looked on the internet for some blogs on plae values without success. Any comments would be appreciated allowing me to set a realistic price rage for my 67 20E.

Thanks

Philip

A friend of mine in Tulsa has been trying to sell his manual gear, non-ifr, 65 E model for over a year now.  Limited inquiries and everybody is lowballing him.  He started at 47k and told me the other day that he's down to 38k.  Has one "working" prospect right now.

His is 4400 TT, with 1100 SFRM, paint 8, int 6-7, weak radios (1 kx155, flybuddy gps with upgrade to ifr enroute), good maint history, no damage.  Not sure if that helps. 

I believe that is why I'm no longer selling mine.  The one option I looked at was doing a trade with All American in San Antonio.  They had a sweet looking 1983 M20J that would have been a good deal, but I would have given up a low time engine for a high time one.  I think mine was going to be in the $65K range, but would have suffered from a lot of tire kickers so decided to just keep her and do the upgrades. Flying again while I was home helped me get through that as well...Laughing 

I also put to rest any fears of being too small when I squeezed three guys and my 12 year old in the plane for a trip to Denver.  Going was a real pain in my butt (literally) since I was pushed as far forward as I could get without smashing my knees and I couldn't really stretch the legs out.  Coming back was sweet with just my son in the plane though.  It's easier with my family because they are all a lot smaller than the guys I had in there during that trip.

This month's MAPA Log has the pre-201 evaluation as noted earlier.

Brian