Need to sell my 1962 M20C with spar corrosion

DaveL

Thanks guys, I just have to get out from under the loan payments and insurance payments on something I can't use and won't be able to for quite some time. If the dang thing was paid off it wouldn't be so bad - I could consider swapping the engine into another airframe.

Dave

Dave,

I'd not give up that easy.  I just saw your post on Barnstormers and it looks like you've got yourself a really nice C.  I know the news is pretty depressing but before I throw in the towel, I'd get some estimates on what it would cost to repair.  I'd also shop around and see if you can find a set of wings from a parted on plane.  I bet you could spend upwards of $20K on repairs and still be money ahead with that plane.

I'd offer a weekends worth of on site expertise IF the new wing shows up. I'm serious!

Let me know Dave, love to help.

-Matt

If it wasn't on the other side of the country I'd love to help with a wing change. But at this point it's easier to offer support with money.

Clarence

Ok, I'm officially beyond words. You all are amazing and generous beyond measure! While I appreciate all of this immensely I don't think any FSDO in their right mind will give a ferry permit for this thing to get to the next airstrip over much less to OK!

signed,

amazed and thankful for folks like you,

Dave

I've contacted a company who delivers Vans kits all over the US. He has a large enough trailer to handle a wing. I've asked hIm about it.

It may well be easier to move the wing than the plane.

Clarence