Ferry Delivery pilot?? My plane is left in Nevada

carl

(I searched for ferry or delivery pilots but did not find anything.)

History: lost prop in shipping so it was delivered late,the holidays came and everyone went on vacation.

So my 1967 M20 E  was not ready for pickup from Minden NV. Now my time here has run out and I must return to Pennsylvania.

I teach respiratory therapy so I don't get alot of time off to return to Minden until summer time.

I need your ideas on how to get this plane back. 

Has anyone used a ferry pilot or delivery service.

carl

You might try contacting the nearest Mooney Service Center to Minden. It appears to be Too Gun out of Stockton CA at 209-983-8082. Many times they'll have a pilot on staff or can serve as a good resource in searching for a pilot to serve in this capacity. Good luck.

I recommend my pal Tony Condon. He checked me out in my E. Well known on some of the other forums. Not a lot of Mooney time but a very good pilot and person, ATP rated, and available. Layed off from engineering job in Wichita last year and been delivering glider trailers all over the country. Just named to the US Soaring team to compete in the Worlds next year in Lithoania so is doing anything and everything to put together funding. I'm guessing he'd need a couple airline tickets and a few hundred a day. I'll put you in touch if you're interested.

• Like 1

Another possibly is:Ferry Pilot Services out Indiana (a little out of the way, but it's an aircraft and it doesn't know and it's just money, right?). Justin Ames at 765-473-2525. Please know that I have no personal experience with these guys, I'm just helping you with a starting point that hopefully will work out.

Hi Carl,

If you can't find anyone closer to Minden, I may be able to help you out. I've done a lot of ferry flying from coast to coast and have about 800 hours of Mooney time (including other E's). I'm based out of Seattle at the moment. Feel free to email me: n9453v@gmail.com

-Andrew

That sounds like fun. I ferried a piper 180 from east Ohio to Northern California in February. Cold trip, but we had heated hanger in Iowa. You want to make sure she is well preheated, as you probably know. I'm commercially rated, so if things fall through, let me know...,I my be up for the task.

I fly an m20j.

Here is the problem, the plane is in Minden and no airlines service that town. You need to get the plane to Reno so the pilot that ferries the plane can get back to their ground transportation. You might see if someone from Minden can pick up your pilot in Reno and drive them to Minden since it's not far or perhaps the shop could fly the plane to Reno to make it easier for your pilot to pick up. If your pilot can fly to Minden via there own airplane then that's the easiest solution. I think since UPS lost your prop they should fly it out for you, they have lots of pilots.

Hello '

This is great : there are alot of pilots here that do this all the time ,

Everyone of you, thanks for you help.

Here is my plan : get the plane ready to go , prop is back on today , wow does it look nice!

I need a battery box lid ( missing) and a static test.. runup and some flight checks. 

I think that will take two more weeks,( A&P holiday's)  so mid January is the estimated time.

i will keep you up to date on what is going

on 

carl

Hi Carl,

Still need a ferry pilot? I'll do it for free. (You pay the fuel and expenses) I'm an airline guy and can get to and from for very little as well. I have an F model and just sold my C model. Lots of mooney experience. I have the rest of jan off and my daughter needs to log the hours toward her ATP requirement. She's almost a CFI but I'd go with her because she thinks I'm cool these days. Let me know if you'd like us to help you out.

Charlie

Charlesual@aol.com

303-246-0644

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Actually I'm down the road in Lovettsville. Have my F model in a great hanger on VA62. (Lovettsville) Somewhat limited being in turf but I don't fly it when the weathers crappy anyway. What do you teach at jyo? Maybe get together sometime? Cheerio (I'm in London at the moment️)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

charlesual

I teach aerobatics in a super decathlon and then also a huge range of aircraft manufactures there at a flight school.  There are some cool fly in restaurants between us.  I'd definitely like to meet up another Mooney Space person.