M20F Landing Light

What are direct replacment LED options for 1967 M20F Landing Light (i.e. just replace bulb as per normal and make a pilot log book entry) if any and your opinions on them.

Thanks!

I just installed a Teledyne LED landing light.  It's a direct replacement that requires only a logbook entry by you.  Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to test it out at night.

Mine was a PAR36 since I have a 201 cowl.  I believe yours would be larger.

I installed the Whelen PAR46 LED in my 1967 M20F last Fall.  I got mine from Aircraft Spruce and Specialty, but think there are others selling it as well.  It is a direct replacement for the stock bulb.

I think the intensity is fine, as good or a little better than the stock bulb.  I'm sure it's not as good as some of the HID systems, but a lot cheaper.  I've been very happy with it.

Jim

I also installed a Whelen Par 46 in my '67C. It is a world of difference. The lines are much clearer and more importantly you go from pulling about 11 amps to about 2. Much easier on your electrical system. Could be critical with an electrical failure at night. All my lights in the airplane are LED, including nav,interior.