Frequent and Chronic issues on Mooney Aircraft

On 9/21/2024 at 8:53 AM, Joshua Blackh4t said:

Yeah, but it doesnt mean the 'person' posting here is actually affiliated with Marsh.

The question is only why. Is it market research? Is someone trying to test our gullibility?

I mean, read what they posted, does anyone really think that is an actual person who knows about aircraft?

Once again, if I'm wrong, I apologise

Hi Joshua,

Thank you for your post. I ( Juan Rivera) am trying to get a couple of ideas for future projects. We have paid too much attention to the Bonanza and Baron, and have done very little for Mooneys/Cirrus aircraft. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, George Thomson said:

Hi Ross,

I would be interested in knowing more about the current rollers used on the Mooney? are they made out of Nylon? you can reach me at juanr@marshbrothersaviation.com

I think the factory ones are metal.  A person here on MS makes Delrin ones that work almost too well. :D

Mooneys sit fairly nose up on the ground.  And with the Delrin rollers, you unlock the seat and immediately slide back to the stop. :D

56 minutes ago, Pinecone said:

I think the factory ones are metal.  A person here on MS makes Delrin ones that work almost too well. :D

Mooneys sit fairly nose up on the ground.  And with the Delrin rollers, you unlock the seat and immediately slide back to the stop. :D

Hello Ross!

Thank you for the information you provided. Question for you, if I were to manufacture a prototype set of rollers, would you try them?

Thanks

Hello Ross!
Thank you for the information you provided. Question for you, if I were to manufacture a prototype set of rollers, would you try them?
Thanks

Actually Juan, the factory rollers are made of phenolic. Lasar.com has a PMA for their Deldrin rollers. They have PMA for many alternate Mooney parts but under new ownership moved from CA to Oregon and are still working on getting their approvals - so not all of their parts are currently available again; one even recently went through a recall process. But suggest you review Lasar’s offering for any overlap before pursing them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, kortopates said:

Actually Juan, the factory rollers are made of phenolic. Lasar.com has a PMA for their Deldrin rollers. They have PMA for many alternate Mooney parts but under new ownership moved from CA to Oregon and are still working on getting their approvals - so not all of their parts are currently available again; one even recently went through a recall process. But suggest you review Lasar’s offering for any overlap before pursing them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello Paul,

Seat rollers is easy for us. We recently developed and certified a polymer-made rollers for Bonanza and Baron. Our polymer would not deform like Nylon or Phenolic do.

Will certainly check out Lasar's rollers.

Juan

• Like 1