Mooney M20 (150HP)

Since I recently acquired a 56 M20 I thought it might be worthwhile to learn from those who have one or had one in the past. Any other early M20 owners on MooneySpace? 
David

I don't know if it's useful info or not, but there's a derelict one parked outside on the north ramp at Deer Valley (DVT) in Phoenix.    It's nearly all there.   The wings are starting to decay in the sun.

On 5/6/2024 at 12:09 AM, kerry said:

M20A

Hi Kerry,

Do you have the aux tank in the baggage? If so, do you have a placard on the fuel selector you could share a picture of?

Thanks,

David

I didn't realize how worn out my labels are.  The original Mooney markings are all worn off.  I need to replace my current labels.  The position in the picture is off.  Opposite is rear tank, then right and left.

IMG_1070.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've had a '57 M20 for about 30 years. If I remember correctly it's S/N 1152.  Flew it to OR,  MN and Mexico from here in AZ. Haven't flown it much since because I unexpectedly acquired a C210. It's a fun little aircraft, I maintain friends M20 E's and K's, it's interesting to compare. Has original logs, Bill Wheat signed the test flight.

You can pm me for questions.

Butch

• Like 2