Nosegar Preloads for Aviation Products Landing Gear Actuator 1988 J

I’m running into a problem getting the correct nose gear bungee compression lengths for my plane that has an Aviation Products actuator instead of the Dukes, Eaton or Plessey. The service manual is very specific in section 32-30-04 (NON-AVIATION PRODUCTS ACTUATOR) 24-0001 thru 24-0377. Step 13 gives two preload settings, one for Dukes and one for another unnamed actuator.

Section 32-30-05 (SN 24-3000 thru 24-3078) has plenty of information for the mains, but mentions nothing about the nose gear preload measurements. Since they were so specific with the Dukes/non-Dukes and they’ve got an entire section for the Aviation Products actuator, I’m not sure what to use for the nose bear preload.

Thoughts?

IMG_0687.jpeg

IMG_0688.jpeg

There are two sections that describe nose gear preload measurement; 32-30-1, Par. 8, and 32-31-01, wich covers serial numbers 24-3000 through 24-3078.   The measurements in 32-31-01 match those in 32-30-1 for the non-Dukes actuator.

4 minutes ago, EricJ said:

There are two sections that describe nose gear preload measurement; 32-30-1, Par. 8, and 32-31-01, wich covers serial numbers 24-3000 through 24-3078.   The measurements in 32-31-01 match those in 32-30-1 for the non-Dukes actuator.

Dang it! I stopped too soon. 0.030 - 0.070 Got it!

Thanks,

Chuck

On a somewhat related topic, does the Aviation Products actuator have the dreaded NBS?

• Haha 1