Paint Shop in the midwest

Well, It cant put it off any longer, the Tanks need resealed and the paint as well.  My plan is to take my bird (68 F) to Weep No More and then to a paint shop....hoping to find a paint shop somewhere in the midwest to make it a really expensive round trip!

Any paint shop recommendations greatly appreciated! 

Thanks very much!

Jim

• Like 1

Two paint shops that I'd recommend checking into:

Wood Lake Aircraft Refinishing in Sandwich, IL  http://www.woodlakeaircraft.com/

This paint shop is close to my home field and I know several people who have had paint jobs done there. The only downside is that they are usually booked up at least a year out.

Mena Aircraft Painting in Mena, AR https://www.menaaircraftpainting.com/

My plane is currently there being painted right now and while the job isn't yet complete, I can say that the customer service is top notch. I chose this shop based on other reviews here and on Facebook. Price-wise, Mena Aircraft Paint was nearly the same as Wood Lake but they were able to get me in within about 4 months of scheduling.  Note: there are actually a few paint shops on the field at Mena, AR and one of them has a bit of a bad reputation. Trea and Doug Blair own the one I pasted a link to above and have a good reputation, so don't confuse them with other one on the field in Mena.

@merrja 

Just a suggestion &/or another option (unless you have your heart set on using a paint shop in the Midwest) is Boss Aircraft Refinishers @KRUQ in Salisbury, NC

BOSS Aircraft Refinishers – When we work on your aircraft, you are the boss. (aircraftpainting.com)

I've heard from 2 other owners that they do very good work. Haven't flown over to talk to them yet as my paint is still fairly good, but it's something you might consider. It would be a super quick flight from wherever you're based in Charlotte to check them out.

Cheers, C.J.