680031-003 now 680031-017 for 201

chan65

Aft bulkhead for McCauley spinner, little did I know when I was redoing the prop, that it was attached to a non existent bulkhead, I had no idea there were so many aviation scrapyards in America, I think I've spoken to everyone. I have seen this posted on before, but a couple things have changed. The Mooney part is no longer available , apparently a company called Globe used to make then but no more. They are non existent at the scrapyards,  the option is to repair, the warning is they are lasting 10 hours after welding. The next option is the very nice Hartzell composite kit, but you need a Hartzell prop for that which I don't have, so word of warning before redoing a McCauley for a Mooney J , look to trade in  and get the Hartzell with the new kit. 

Ill end up selling my McCauley with 150 hours and installing a new Hartzell just to get a 12 oz piece of aluminum replaced, costly ......   anyone with any other ideas I'd love to hear. 

I’ve seen a number of J models over the years that didn’t have the 6 reinforcement parts, almost all had small cracks in the bulkhead.  It’s worth checking, whether the serial number falls into the SB or not.

Clarence 

Mooney space saves the day, fortunately I found one here, my 6 month plan will likely be to fly , have m original repaired for a back up , then look to replace the McCauley, to get out of this trap.  Thanks for the quick help 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
5 hours ago, t42dor said:

do you still have the bulkhead

i have a m20j and my spinner is cracked i want to replace it or repair it

I’ll check tomorrow, I know that there is a spinner dome, not sure if there is a good bulkhead.