Lots of water in tank 67C

5 minutes ago, chriscalandro said:

It’s been resolved. Not the fuel caps. 

I’ve been told I don’t provide any help on this forum so in keeping with that tradition, Pm me if you want to know the answer. 

Well that’s one way to play into a petulant narrative for yourself.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, chriscalandro said:

It’s been resolved. Not the fuel caps. 

I’ve been told I don’t provide any help on this forum so in keeping with that tradition, Pm me if you want to know the answer. 

I'm grateful for the large number of professional mechanics, pilots, and engineers who offer free advice, guidance, and information on MooneySpace.  Undoubtedly some of that advice has benefitted Chris himself.

So I'm not sure what the opposite of "pay it forward" is, but I think Chris' childish post above is an example of it.

I promise to delete this post if he posts the resolution to his fuel issue.

• Like 3

Your internet doesn’t bother me. 

the responses to my troubleshooting in this thread is what’s wrong with asking people on the internet for help.

This thread was meant to be a documentation of solving a problem that didn’t have an answer here as far as I could tell.  It turned into people demanding their incorrect solutions were correct  

It wasn’t the fuel caps. 

Edited by chriscalandro
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Andy95W said:

I'm grateful for the large number of professional mechanics, pilots, and engineers who offer free advice, guidance, and information on MooneySpace.  Undoubtedly some of that advice has benefitted Chris himself.

So I'm not sure what the opposite of "pay it forward" is, but I think Chris' childish post above is an example of it.

I promise to delete this post if he posts the resolution to his fuel issue.

To be fair, Chris was treated rather poorly by a couple of posters. I'd be kinda pissed, too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chriscalandro said:

the responses to my troubleshooting in this thread is what’s wrong with asking people on the internet for help.

This thread was meant to be a documentation of solving a problem that didn’t have an answer here as far as I could tell.  It turned into people demanding their incorrect solutions were correct 

Both your points are true.

Welcome to the internet:D

• Haha 1

One thing MS has done...

It has become a useful and helpful place that is different than the internet in general...

We are still human beings... and we can mis-state things horribly some days...

Adding Friday and Saturday night activities can make things a little loose..

Politics may arise often, and usually has to take a back seat... just to be more comfortable for everybody...

There are plenty of other aviation websites to visit...

Nobody gets missed if you don't want to be here...

Telling everybody you are helping somebody, but not sharing the details is a strange empty post...

Not in line with any form of helping the community...

Generally MSers are helpful...

Sorry you guys don’t get that...

Most often I get a strange response... to something I wrote... I didn’t write it clearly enough... and somebody mis-understood where I was going...

It happens often...

People do make mistakes...

I also get PMs... with the ‘did you meant that’ title... :)

In large groups... like new work environments... it can take up to a year to really get to know everyone and really have the ability to fit in...

People that Mooney knowledge have the ability to fit in quite rapidly... or flight knowledge... or mechanical knowledge...

The cool part, everyone has some other knowledge other than these...

Share what you know... and you will fit in...

Complaints are not like fine wine... they don’t  get better with time...

Maybe you have a valid complaint... do you want to air it here..?

Expect if you do it often enough... you show up on a list of complainers... getting blocked by everyone...

Its not a list anyone wants to be on... and can be hard to get off of...

PP thoughts only, not a therapist, just have seen how this works for some people...

Join the community.  Be a part of MS... avoid being apart from MS. :)

There is a prize for Snarky Post of the day... if you want I can put one of these next to it... :)

Best regards,

-a-