Air/Oil separator

1524J

Let’s look at the problem first…

The usual happy level of oil to stay in the engine is quite a bit higher than 4.5qts….

More like 6…(?)

One thing for sure… if your case vent doesn’t have the whistle hole in it…. The oil may be getting sucked overboard by the air going by…

There are a few Mooneys that didn’t get the right replacement case vent over the years…

Either the tube Was too long, or the hole was in the wrong place… got a pic of the vent tube?

PP thoughts only, not a mechanic…

Best regards,

-a-

• 2 months later...
On 10/22/2021 at 5:14 AM, Shiny moose said:

I have a complete AW set up, removed from my 67f , the seperator is slightly dented but all parts and drain tubes are there! I might even have a new gasket that airwolf wants replaced each time you open the seperator ?

Wont take much of an offer to have me send  this to someone who needs it  

Shiny,

Will $100 get me your separator?  I can probably find my own hoses, if that would make shipping easier.  My email is :  davecusto@sbcglobal.net

Thanks